Good Boots

CodeRed55

Best everyday boot? I’ve been researching Keen vs Red wing but I can’t make a decision! Open to other options.. also note I’m in a desert climate.. cold but minimal snow. Thanks!

PackageDonkey

Box Delivery Man
Best everyday boot? I’ve been researching Keen vs Red wing but I can’t make a decision! Open to other options.. also note I’m in a desert climate.. cold but minimal snow. Thanks!
Timberland Pros or DR Martens. Get the ones with anti static technology. No more shocking yourself. Especially in a desert climate.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
mexican pointy boots for sale - Google Search | Pointy boots, Boots, Boots  for sale

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Customs are the way to go it's hard to find us made red wings these days same with English made Dr Martens

From a Land Brown Under

If you go to Sketchers, try out their 'tactical' line of boots. Very underrated and get a discount as an employee. You can also write off most things you buy for work as a tax write off so be sure to save the receipt.

opie

I've been researching as well. And settled on Danner. Though many of the ones I were looking at were out of stock. L.L. Bean was another one. Also Haix, European made.

Last edited:

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Just terrible or what?
They were old but I never wore them they were comfortable. The rubber on the bottom was no good and falling apart I wore them less then 5 times.Made in china as alot of red wings are nowadays(My 20+ year old Docs are not falling apart)

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Be careful when buying expensive boots. They are rarely better quality than inexpensive boots anymore. Your gate, weight, common terrain affects how quickly they’ll wear down more than the price tag will. And heavy boots are bad for your knees if you wear them everyday. Try and find a good sturdy hiking/walking shoe and save the boots for the rain, snow, and mud.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Maybe someone else in the past was too looking for shoes? Just a thought?

ManInBrown

Nike ACG. Redwings are terrible. Maybe they are better now but I bought a pair about 6 years ago, wore them for one day and they were like wearing two cinderblocks on your feet. They were heavy as hell.