Good bye and good riddance to DIAD IV

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our DIAD V's are installed and set up and we go out with them on Monday. Lets hope that the idiots who designed the DIAD IV with a "shift" key and a signature key that would naturally get depressed by the thumb of any right-handed customer who held it have learned their lesson. The DIAD IV is a prime example of an all-too common phenomenon at UPS---equipment that is designed by engineers who will never have to use it themselves in the real world. What would be great is if they let us take some DIAD IV's home to use for target practice.

brownelf

Signature key is in same place, buttons are so close together I hit 3 whenever I use big arrow down key. That and the new holder sucks, it's big and bulky and will dig into your side all day. Many of us here use the old diad pouch instead, but they are getting harder to find. On the positive end it scans well and not having a shift key is a bonus.

Our DIAD V's are installed and set up and we go out with them on Monday. Lets hope that the idiots who designed the DIAD IV with a "shift" key and a signature key that would naturally get depressed by the thumb of any right-handed customer who held it have learned their lesson. The DIAD IV is a prime example of an all-too common phenomenon at UPS---equipment that is designed by engineers who will never have to use it themselves in the real world. What would be great is if they let us take some DIAD IV's home to use for target practice.
I hope you have small finger tips.

Great board except for the small buttons. It doesn't look very tough but it stands up great to the job. The scan you get from the board is phenomenal. It's so light that you don't even know you are carring it. I would stick to the old diad pouch though the men ones suck in my opinion. Oh yes it's got a nice flashlight and the keys light up very nice non that you are going to need it for a while.

Great board except for the small buttons. It doesn't look very tough but it stands up great to the job. The scan you get from the board is phenomenal. It's so light that you don't even know you are carring it. I would stick to the old diad pouch though the new ones suck in my opinion. Oh yes it's got a nice flashlight and the keys light up very nice non that you are going to need it for a while.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We go live with the DIAD V on Monday as well. Was told they had to swap my package car out this weekend to install the holder. Hope they wash it before bringing it back as I can hardly see it under all the dirt and smashed bugs!
Have not had any training on it since I have not heard a PCM in over 3 years. Hope to just figure it out as I go along on Monday.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its easy to figure out, we got zero training on it as well. I wish it had a DR button on it, but it doesn't. I got to my first stop when we started using it and it took me a couple of minutes to figure out that you have a soft key on the bottom right side of the screen to Driver Release. I DR about 140 stops a day, that corner of the screen is already looking like its taking a beating. It scans great, but the processor in it seems a little slow to me. Its not a good weapon for dogs, a Rot got a taste of my hand when I tried to shove it in its mouth while getting attacked one day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Isn't funny that someplace have the DIAD V and some place still you a pad and pencil...

We used 50-liners on clipboards with carbon paper when I was a rookie, but switched over to the DIAD I in 1991. I find it hard to believe that there are any locations in the United States that are still using paper delivery records. Can you be specific about where paper is still in use?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We were supposed to get them last summer then right before peak then this summer now my center manager says I have no freaking clue.

rocket man

there not bad its just hard getting use to the smaller size its uncomfortable