Good deed for the day

TheKingOfQueens

So on one of my stops there's a gate that needs a code to punch in so i can drive up the driveway and deliver . The lady is cool and has given me the code so I can drive on in. She has a big dog and today as I'm pulling away I see him squeeze through right before it closed through my rear view cam. Basically had to chase him around streets and through houses for about 15 mins jumping through bushes and having people driving by laugh at me chasing this beast . He finally tired and I dragged him back punched in the code and told him to stay . He listened this time . Told other drivers this story and they said thy would've let the dog run around who cares .. Lol . I don't think I could live with myself if there dog got hit by a car and I'm sure there would be repercussions if so. First crazy story as a UPS Driver .

oldngray

nowhere special
So on one of my stops there's a gate that needs a code to punch in so i can drive up the driveway and deliver . The lady is cool and has given me the code so I can drive on in. She has a big dog and today as I'm pulling away I see him squeeze through right before it closed through my rear view cam. Basically had to chase him around streets and through houses for about 15 mins jumping through bushes and having people driving by laugh at me chasing this beast . He finally tired and I dragged him back punched in the code and told him to stay . He listened this time . Told other drivers this story and they said thy would've let the dog run around who cares .. Lol . I don't think I could live with myself if there dog got hit by a car and I'm sure there would be repercussions if so. First crazy story as a UPS Driver .

I had a cat from one of my stops climb inside when I had the back door open unloading and I didn't see him. I was pulling into next stop and I heard the cat crying in cargo area. I went back to the previous stop and said "Do you want your cat back?"

TheKingOfQueens

At UPS, it usually comes back as a warning letter, or worse.

15 minutes is a long time to be playing dog catcher. Lucky no one called the cops saying your a peeping Tom.

Had no choice . What if he got killed . It would've definitely been pinned on me . Still scratched the route even though I was a dog catcher for a 15 mins lol . Good one lol. Oh and full hour lunch

upschuck

Had no choice . What if he got killed . It would've definitely been pinned on me . Still scratched the route even though I was a dog catcher for a 15 mins lol . Good one lol. Oh and full hour lunch
Still risky going between houses to find that dog. It was a good thing you did, but could just as easily bite you in the butt.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Good job KOG, it shows you got a conscious and a good heart. Good people in this world that are generous and and have a conscious on doing good for people are hard to find. Biggups to ya dude:peaceful:

bumped

Being in the not so nice part of the city I leave the gates open when I deliver. If a dog comes charging, I'm hoping it runs out the gate instead of at me.

TheKingOfQueens

Good job KOG, it shows you got a conscious and a good heart. Good people in this world that are generous and and have a conscious on doing good for people are hard to find. Biggups to ya dude:peaceful:

Thx my fellow UPS Brotha!!! I'm sure if another person was put in that situation they'd do they same thing . At least I hope so.

BrownTexas

I'd just stay out of the gate. Keeps the dog inside ALL the time. But I have chased dogs down that old ladies accidentally let sneak out.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If that had happened on my route, the dog would have jumped into my truck to get a biscuit and I would have had it secured back inside the gate in about 30 seconds flat. They dont call me the "dog whisperer" for nothing...