Good Friday.........who else got SCREWED ????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
First we were told not to sheet them, then about 2 pm sheet them. Mine were all stacked in the back corner and shelves, then had to sparate them all, how stupid. Some real organization there.

yeldarb

Our district was threatening warning letters for anyone who sheeted 5 or more packages for a single stop as CLO-H. We were directed to call the center manager personally if we ran in to this while on-road and he would come and pick them up and have the center scan them. He did not agree with the district, especially in the case of cover drivers, as they did not have the chance to find out which stops were open/closed.

The stops I had as closures, they only pulled the ground, so I still had all the air.

jalnar

Love those 8 hour request It took me years to figure what days to put in an eight hour request, plue having seniority helps. Punched out at 530

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our district was threatening warning letters for anyone who sheeted 5 or more packages for a single stop as CLO-H. We were directed to call the center manager personally if we ran in to this while on-road and he would come and pick them up and have the center scan them. He did not agree with the district, especially in the case of cover drivers, as they did not have the chance to find out which stops were open/closed.

Too bad they don't put this kind of effort into things that matter.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Experienced the best screwing I ever had on a Good Friday. Joined the lanai club! Moon light, warm breeze, waves crashing in on the shore, kids in bed, Mai Tais and pupus, and my bride of 20 years. Life is good!

Hopefully his bosses aren't looking at this and know who you are so they can confront him about why he is confiding in you his displeasure with their instructions.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The stops I had as closures, they only pulled the ground, so I still had all the air.

I am sure the reasoning was that someone may have been there waiting for the air. They did the same thing here.

Don't all of our service levels come with a guaratee?
Why would they pull the ground and not the premium packages?
Not sure why management feels the customer doesn't deserve an attempt, holiday or not.

yeldarb

Don't all of our service levels come with a guaratee?
Why would they pull the ground and not the premium packages?
Not sure why management feels the customer doesn't deserve an attempt, holiday or not.

If the company says they are closed and will not be there, why should we attempt? I dont want to carry around 90 packages a day that makes it so I cant get through my truck for the rest of my dock stops, because someone thinks there should be an attempt, even though the company said, "don't bother".

AKCoverMan

WTF are they going to give you a "warning" for, failing to force the business to be open? I would love to get such a warning letter!

AKCoverMan

First we were told not to sheet them, then about 2 pm sheet them. Mine were all stacked in the back corner and shelves, then had to sparate them all, how stupid. Some real organization there.

So your sheeting them as closed while not actually at the stop attempting them? Do you have telematics? That should come up as a GPS error sheeting the package at another location.

Yes I know it's stupid but another instance of damned if we do damned if we don't.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

WTF are they going to give you a "warning" for, failing to force the business to be open? I would love to get such a warning letter!

Failure to work as directed. We were told to compile a list of closures.

So your sheeting them as closed while not actually at the stop attempting them? Do you have telematics? That should come up as a GPS error sheeting the package at another location.

Yes I know it's stupid but another instance of damned if we do damned if we don't.

You can sheet CLO H anywhere.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Before vacation, I tried to get my business stops to let me know if they were going to be closed on Good Friday. Some let me know of their status, but most said it would be a last minute decision. If they couldn't give me a straight answer I simply entered open for delivery and pickup in the DIAD. Had I been working on the holiday and came to a business that was closed, I would have sheeted it as so. I have ALWAYS been instructed that every parcel in my package car MUST be recorded! If I took the time to load the stop and attempt the delivery your dam right I will record it as I would any other day.

djkre8r

I delivered my last stop (Pro Flowers) at 10:05PM. Clocked out at 10:30PM. I told them at 3pm I needed help. Sorry, everyone will be late! At 8pm I was the only one still out running stops. No big deal... a good check will be coming. Today they apologized for not listening and communicating better.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I delivered my last stop (Pro Flowers) at 10:05PM. Clocked out at 10:30PM. I told them at 3pm I needed help. Sorry, everyone will be late! At 8pm I was the only one still out running stops. No big deal... a good check will be coming. Today they apologized for not listening and communicating better.
I'm sure they were soooo sorry. Let em guess, they got their butts chewed over it in a conference call.

What'dyabringmetoday???

He wouldn't be taking any packages from me. They are not supposed to handle packages. These warning letters will never happen. You can give them a list, but someone else may change their mind and close anyway. The letter would be crumpled up and thrown away. Too bad they can't spend the time actually worrying about taking care of the customer. All the rest will take care of itself then.