Good God I miss it!!

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
It was easy I had a heart attack, that is what originally got the drs attention. Then they realized that it was actually my second heart attack. Genetics....my mom died at 40 from the same thing, you gotta play with the cards your dealt. I simply went to the dr for heart burn a few min later I was in the er. It didnt happen on the clock, I called in that morning cause of the heart burn, you gotta listen to your body and not Klein. If something is not right or a little off get it checked out. I do, I love my job just hate what they do to it!!!!I can leave work at work, I can appreciate the verse more than you know, I went to seminary for many years before driving. The way I see things Gods not finished with me yet. One morning when I was jogging I just felt like God told me, that the devil tried to take my life 3 times in the last year and he cant have me. Will I be with ups forever I dont know, I do know that where I am compared to 8mos ago are light years apart. If I feel God is pulling me in a different direction will i go, yes in a heart beat!! Having the last 8mos with my family has been really great! Poor and Broke but great, we are enjoying the small things and cant wait to get back to work to go to Disney in two years! I hope I answered your question air dr.

menotyou

bella amicizia
What I don't understand is why Upstate hasn't informed you why you are on the bench or on non-active status like I have to hear all the time. Must be a chauvinistic pig that I alway knew he was.

Indecisi0n

It was easy I had a heart attack, that is what originally got the drs attention. Then they realized that it was actually my second heart attack. Genetics....my mom died at 40 from the same thing, you gotta play with the cards your dealt. I simply went to the dr for heart burn a few min later I was in the er. It didnt happen on the clock, I called in that morning cause of the heart burn, you gotta listen to your body and not Klein. If something is not right or a little off get it checked out. I do, I love my job just hate what they do to it!!!!I can leave work at work, I can appreciate the verse more than you know, I went to seminary for many years before driving. The way I see things Gods not finished with me yet. One morning when I was jogging I just felt like God told me, that the devil tried to take my life 3 times in the last year and he cant have me. Will I be with ups forever I dont know, I do know that where I am compared to 8mos ago are light years apart. If I feel God is pulling me in a different direction will i go, yes in a heart beat!! Having the last 8mos with my family has been really great! Poor and Broke but great, we are enjoying the small things and cant wait to get back to work to go to Disney in two years! I hope I answered your question air dr.

Did God choose you to work or the devil?

Re-Raise

Sometimes it takes a scare to wake us up and appreciate things in life. All things in life, the good and the not so good.

I had a cancer scare about 15 years ago and I kind of know where you are coming from. A

ll those little things that irritate us, along with the things we love are part of this gift called life. I am glad you are getting another ride.. enjoy ecery minute and every second of it brother.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Keep it on the playground..
Me? Me keep it on the playground??? Sorry, I was dragged off kicking and am returning the favor! Oh, by the way? The favors will continue as long as I see fit. Degrading and intentional character assassinations by him have caused this. When I feel like doing the same, I will. If I get moderated, it must have been a REAALLY good post.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

First of all Cobra, I am glad you are still among us. Im certainly glad you have been able to maintain a lifestyle you love.
Not to make this about me, really not, but want to share. And to tell people who judge others illnesses to shut the heck up, but Im a mod, so I have to maintain decorum, or Ill get booted too.

People have heart attacks at all ages. have you never heard my dearest (not) Canadian friend, of a young football player, checking out on a field at 17? My Dad had his first at 29. My sister didnt get the 2nd chance at 52. And neither smoked, or drank. It is called genetics, my friend. Heart attacks are not always caused by not taking care of yourself, and the fact that Cobra found his in time, was just luck. And with our wonderful health system, he did not have to wait for the one that took him out. Praise the Lord.
Sometimes symptoms as Cobra said, do not reflect a heart attack at all. Just indigestion, just being really tired all the time, just not feeling quite right.
My husband in 2007, was sick for days, totally dehydrated, working on a roof, he kept letting it go. On the third morning he started puking again, when I put on the perfume he has always loved. I said take your dumb a** to the hospital. Turned out heart attack, and it was his second, dont know for sure when the other one was. He lost 40 percent of his heart muscle, and he had the widow maker. He is so lucky to be here, and the doctor said in minutes he would have been gone. I got him to the right hospital just in time. He was in surgery within one half hour and home in 3 days. In Canada would he be here? Im not sure.
Anyhoo, pay no attention to those who think they know it all. Leave it to those of us who do since we have been there.

DS

Fenderbender
I cant wait to be training for my first half marathon, and am stoked.

Are you nuts? Everyone is born with a certain amount of heartbeats and you my friend are playing with fire.
A marathon? Take my advice,go out every night for a long brisk walk instead.
If your heart gave out during the marathon,would you think about the mom and 4 kids without a dad now?
Just working as a driver is enough to keep that sucker pumping.
Just my advice,take or leave it,either way I wish you all the best.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Ds I appreciate the criticism, my heart is healthier now than at any other time in my life. I have been cleared by two different cardiologists and am waiting for a appt with my personal dr. Do I think I will run the whole thing, no, not a chance. I run for a while and walk for a while. This is the perfect time of year "winter" the strain is not hard on my heart. So no I am not playing with fire, I am simply getting in shape, no more, no less. The Drs would not have cleared me if It would not be ok. Cardiologists have cleared me to return to work, but will not adjust my meds. Since my meds are preventing me from coming back, i am waiting to see my general practitioner. Its cooky they prescribed them but will not adjust them. Yea I dont get it either but I assure you, my health is first and foremost.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The question about should he be running marathons is really one for he and his doc. Just doing the exercise us pkg drivers do is not enough, you have to go above what your heart is used to, to kieep it strong. I had the same eye opener when I went to cardio therapy with my husband. Yes I can do alot and my rate doesnt go up. My heart is used to that. To exercise the muscle you have to go above and beyond, which is why so many of us,sadly, die when we retire.

klein

Für Meno :)
That's pretty new to me, that someone needs to become a near Olympic sports competitor, before it's back to work time.

whiskers

That's pretty new to me, that someone needs to become a near Olympic sports competitor, before it's back to work time.

He never said he "needs" to run a marathon before returning to work. He's alive and is going do the things he WANTS to do, and I applaud him for that.

P

pickup

Are you nuts? Everyone is born with a certain amount of heartbeats and you my friend are playing with fire.
A marathon? Take my advice,go out every night for a long brisk walk instead.
If your heart gave out during the marathon,would you think about the mom and 4 kids without a dad now?
Just working as a driver is enough to keep that sucker pumping.
Just my advice,take or leave it,either way I wish you all the best.

Can't a nice leisurely 5K run be a good substitute???? I ain't telling you what to do , Cobra Agent, but I hope you aren't having an early midlife crisis here as well. No disrespect intended.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You've never been out on comp, I take it. I have seen the sheet UPS sends to the the therapists. Amazing they have the audacity to cal us lazy considering what they themselves say we do everyday.

over9five

Staff member
Me? Me keep it on the playground??? Sorry, I was dragged off kicking and am returning the favor! Oh, by the way? The favors will continue as long as I see fit. Degrading and intentional character assassinations by him have caused this. When I feel like doing the same, I will. If I get moderated, it must have been a REAALLY good post.
Ah, thank you. Been looking for a new signature line.

satellitedriver

I suppose God had better plans for me, than being a half-robotic parcel delivery truck driver that matches numbers every day.
Don't blame God, for your foolish life decisions.
You are about 50yrs old, unemployed and have a small -(dwindling)- amount of money.

You think a timeshare is an investment property.
You think running a part-time hotdog cart and writing a one hit wonder song about hockey is your ticket, until you can live on the dole of $4,000 a month 15yrs from now.
Get real.

One must be fully robotic, in physical action, to make it at UPS.
The hard part is to have the mental fortitude to make it a means to an end.

Most UPSers I know work to provide for their family and endure the daily hardships, with a sense of pride.
I, personally, only continue to be a 11hr a day robot to provide for the ones I love.

I feel sorry for you.
You only "work" for yourself.