Good God I miss it!!

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
(wife again) And I would like to say that I am very proud of my husband for what he is doing. We have changed our lifestyle drastically in hopes to lengthen his life. He is exercising a lot and eating healthy so that he can get back to work. You ups drivers probably walk about marathon's distance every day, so why is it so crazy that he is training for a marathon in order to get back to work i.e. walking daily marathons?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'll support anyone who wants to run a marathon but maybe you start with some 5ks and 10ks, just so you know what you're getting into.

P

pickup

(wife again) And I would like to say that I am very proud of my husband for what he is doing. We have changed our lifestyle drastically in hopes to lengthen his life. He is exercising a lot and eating healthy so that he can get back to work. You ups drivers probably walk about marathon's distance every day, so why is it so crazy that he is training for a marathon in order to get back to work i.e. walking daily marathons?

Just look at the origin of the Marathon and you might have an answer?:

The name Marathon comes from the legend of Pheidippides, a Greek messenger. The legend states that he was sent from the battlefield ofMarathon to Athens to announce that the Persians had been defeated in the Battle of Marathon (in which he had just fought),[SUP][3][/SUP] which took place in August or September, 490 BC.[SUP][4][/SUP] It is said that he ran the entire distance without stopping and burst into the assembly, exclaiming "Νενικήκαμεν" (Nenikékamen, 'We have won.') before collapsing and dying.[SUP][5][/SUP] The account of the run from Marathon to Athens first appears in Plutarch's On the Glory of Athens in the 1st century AD which quotes from Heraclides Ponticus's lost work, giving the runner's name as either Thersipus of Erchius or Eucles.[SUP][6][/SUP] Lucian of Samosata (2nd century AD) also gives the story but names the runner Philippides (not Pheidippides).[SUP][7][/SUP]