Good or Bad?!?!?!?

nmang2412

So, my offical hire date was the 7th. Last week i went through training and today (the 14th) was my first offical "work" day. The woman who usually picks us up at the guard shack came out 30 mins late and had my ft sup with her (at first i was like all right im guna go with him and get some work done!!). Well she and my sup told me that there was a volume drop and they have the seasonals working still, he said that i have my foot in the door. Im supposed to come in next week at 4, should i be worried about working? Because i was hired as a permanent and they still have seasonals working. They did however make it sound like they wont forget about me but that could of been bull******.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
So, my offical hire date was the 7th. Last week i went through training and today (the 14th) was my first offical "work" day. The woman who usually picks us up at the guard shack came out 30 mins late and had my ft sup with her (at first i was like all right im guna go with him and get some work done!!). Well she and my sup told me that there was a volume drop and they have the seasonals working still, he said that i have my foot in the door. Im supposed to come in next week at 4, should i be worried about working? Because i was hired as a permanent and they still have seasonals working. They did however make it sound like they wont forget about me but that could of been bull******.

If they still have people working with more seniority than you and they are fully staffed, then you will essentially be 'laid off' until they either have the volume or get rid of the 'seasonals'. Seasonal hires have an opportunity to be selected for any open positions, and have a leg up on someone who just walked off the street a week ago, as they have been working there for a couple months already. Just because they 'hired' you does not mean you are guaranteed anything if you are laid off.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Not sure why my last isn't here.....but basically all I said was that you are essentially laid off. You are NOT guaranteed anything just because you were hired if they can justify that they are fully staffed. Seasonal hires, if invited back to the operation after the holiday, would have slightly more seniority than you, thereby securing the spot over you.

nmang2412

Not sure why my last isn't here.....but basically all I said was that you are essentially laid off. You are NOT guaranteed anything just because you were hired if they can justify that they are fully staffed. Seasonal hires, if invited back to the operation after the holiday, would have slightly more seniority than you, thereby securing the spot over you.

So, im not hired? They told me to come in next monday are they just going to keep. I went through a week of training are they just going to keep giving me the run around.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Oh ok....they are telling you to come back on the 21st. Gotcha. And no, they don't always keep seasonals. Just depends no their needs. If they are telling you to come back in a week, hopefully this means they are expecting the volume to get back to normal, or they are losing the seasonals.

nmang2412

Im going to be a preloader on the boxline.

Is it 40 calender days from the day that im hired for probation/seniority or work days?

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
You will find out in a month or so. It is impossible for anyone to answer accurately.

^^this.

Until you hit your seniority date and pass the probation period...anything is possible. The fact that they told you to show up on a particular date means more good than anything. But realize that even if you do make it to the group....being on the bottom of the senority list is volatile, especially in areas that are under a lot of pressure to 'make their numbers'. You will be the first to be laid off, and he last to be asked if interested in OT.