Good settlements

Ron Carey lives on

I think it would be a good idea to post some settlements on grievances, ( local level, state panels, arbitration, or JAC) I know you can research decisions. I think this could be a good thread with a few soreheads. Lets hear them

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think it would be a good idea to post some settlements on grievances, ( local level, state panels, arbitration, or JAC) I know you can research decisions. I think this could be a good thread with a few soreheads. Lets hear them

Sent using BrownCafe App

All the local unions have access to all the decisions, and for the most part, the average union member does not need access, unless they are filing a grievance that has already been decided.

In this case, the BA should inform them that there is already a decision, whether for the company or the union.

But I agree. Even if just for curiosity sake, all union members should have the same access as the locals do to see all the grievance settlements.

I mean, well, we are the union.

All decisions are digitized anyway. How about a central website, available to all union members, storing all the grievance decisions?

Teamsters.org lists all the contracts, how about all the decisions also?

Ron Carey lives on

My hometown paper is the biggest ant- union piece of crap I know of, so I guess I must agree reading crap and sitting on throne as we tect

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Sent using BrownCafe App

Not publicizing national/area panel decisions (especially victories) is one of the biggest mistakes the IBT/local unions makes.

I understand not informing the membership at large of every member we lose at panel, but we should definitely be letting the UPS barns know about the wins. We gloss over them at our monthly membership meetings that have about 25 UPS members attending.

Inthegame

Haha the last few pages always show what union leaders have been charged with crimes
...charged with misconduct, sometimes reaching a criminal act. For instance, the E-board at L710 was removed from office for not questioning the actions of the PO regarding gift card distribution. That isn't a crime but it is a violation of their duty and oath of office.
Considering the number of Teamster Locals and the intense scrutiny all are under, the "charges" are relatively few.
Imagine the size of the Inside UPS (or any other corporate) publication if every impropriety of management was listed for public viewing.
Upstate could spend all his time on the toilet...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think it would be a good idea to post some settlements on grievances, (local level, state panels, arbitration, or JAC)

If you want to view that material, contact your Local and set up an appointment.

I don't know of any Local that would refuse a reasonable request for that.

If you are talking about information being posted online (for your viewing pleasure)

That's not going to happen.

You're not going to be able to ascertain anything relevant, from a decision that states;

"Based on the facts presented "

Because you wouldn't know what the "facts" are....

Unless you are willing to pay for a transcript.

Arbitration cases are different. They are printed in detail.

I like to read the last few pages of the Teamster magazine while on the toilet.

Thats a glowing review of New York Teamsters.

(Who pretty much dominate the back pages)

Just say'n....

-Bug-

Ron Carey lives on

Maybe it was a bad idea. You could change names and regions. I know how to get settlements through my BA, you guys are right. I honestly was fishing for the management crew on here to chime in

Sent using BrownCafe App