Good work radios?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The contract refers to transistor radios---I think it's time to update this part of the contract.

Well, since I am just a "dumb" truck driver, I will assume that my radio is transistor filled. Its up to Management to prove me wrong. Plus, I have the added benefit of just not caring

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Dewalt big and sturdy and :)

radio.jpg

I've had this one for 12 years.
Everybody looked at me like I was crazy when I first walked in with it.
Now every other driver has one in my building.
It's the tool for the job.
My ipod is in the paperwork pouch connected with a 6 ft 3.5mm audio cable.
radio.jpg

thessalonian13

makita makes a great radio... small and powerful great am/fm reception with no engine noise... lithium battery lasts about 16-18 hours at 3/4 full volume... fits in the little space between driver's side window and dash... $69 on amazon... can also get it at home depot

Buck Fifty

The package car itself is my radio. all the creaks, rattles, shakes, vibrations, and if i want to hear a little bass in between, I hit the brakes or a curb and whalah boom, bang, thud !!! write my own music and sing my own songs!

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
My family is getting me the Ryobi Jobsite radio (little blue one) for Fathers Day. Its about $28 for the radio and $59.99 for the lithium ion battery and charger. Has a aux jack and strap for a ipod and since I have the ipod shuffle, it will clamp right onto the strap. I just hope it picks up good am reception.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My family is getting me the Ryobi Jobsite radio (little blue one) for Fathers Day. Its about $28 for the radio and $59.99 for the lithium ion battery and charger. Has a aux jack and strap for a ipod and since I have the ipod shuffle, it will clamp right onto the strap. I just hope it picks up good am reception.

That one will get good reception, I can't say the same for the full size Ryobi "dewalt style" radio. The Big one has FAR better sound quality with no distortion at high volume, which the small one has, but the small one is easier to place (between dash and windshield) and gets better reception

teamsterdan

not sure what part of the world your in but around these parts (wi) we are partial to milwaukee radios............typically find em @ home depot...........they are not cheap I have an old skool big one; and the smallest one they have.......it's decent...the kicker is the price (unless you use power tools) the radio itself will cost $99 then yer gunna need a lithium battery that runs abt $60 then another $40 fer a charger...............for an 8 hr day expect to get 2 batteries.......
Radios | Jobsite Stereo | Worksite Radio

Last edited:
S

speeddemon

I built my own using two 5 1/4 speakers and a car radio. Its powered by a 12volt, rechargeable home security battery. Thumps like a beast for about 15 hours. Sounds is impeccable.

jcohen

Ottawa Preloader
What kind of battery (specially) and how do you charge it?

Depending on the radio that you get they will either have a proprietary battery or just use regular AA or D cells and like any other battery you charge them in a battery charger or just replace them if they're AA or D cells.

--

I personally just keep a 48 pack of AA's in my locker for my radio and replace them as necessary.

STFXG

Sony XAV-60. :). But for portable radio I use a droid with the double twist app. Can load your iTunes on using it and get some satellite radio stations from guys that stream on the apps radio stations.

Leftinbuilding

I built my own using two 5 1/4 speakers and a car radio. Its powered by a 12volt, rechargeable home security battery. Thumps like a beast for about 15 hours. Sounds is impeccable.

Did the same thing, except I ran wires and alligator clipped the battery under the step. Never a problem. Built a box that I bungied on the shelf directly in front of the steering wheel. Could hear perfectly at any speed. Got me thru a lot of long days.

browndog123

We are told we can't have them since they are in cab distractions. Same thing with water bottles. I wish it worked for our sups (BLAH,BLAH,BLAH).

S

speeddemon

What kind of battery (specially) and how do you charge it?

I use a 12 volt 7 amp home security battery. it can be charged with a charger like you find at Walmart that charges lawn mower batteries on up. It booms! I'm in the process of designing my third radio. This one will have a bigger battery that will go about 24 hours on a charge. New radio with blue tooth and a USB port. Going to use a small sub and two high range tweeters. I will post pics when I get it finished. Stay tuned.......