Goodbye HOS!

STFXG

Well with the new contract those of us operating vehicles under 10k gvw no longer have to follow the HOS rules. Up until now we had to abide by the rules contractually, not legally. So nice to be able to run my guys 7 days/ 80 hours a week now! Yeah!!!

MAKAVELI

Well with the new contract those of us operating vehicles under 10k gvw no longer have to follow the HOS rules. Up until now we had to abide by the rules contractually, not legally. So nice to be able to run my guys 7 days/ 80 hours a week now! Yeah!!!
D*****

It will be fine

It's about time. Make those peasants work for their scraps.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hooray!! Now you can abuse them even more. More profit, more safety-related deaths, and more immigrant help you can exploit.

Bounty

I've been at ground a long time, never seen a pre trip, post trip inspection done by any driver. Lunch breaks and overtime non existent. Holiday Pay, maybe one contractor pays it same thing as vacation. It's a lousy place to work. If your a contractor and want to treat your drivers fairly you would go bankrupt.

bbsam

Staff member
I've been at ground a long time, never seen a pre trip, post trip inspection done by any driver. Lunch breaks and overtime non existent. Holiday Pay, maybe one contractor pays it same thing as vacation. It's a lousy place to work. If your a contractor and want to treat your drivers fairly you would go bankrupt.
It's "you're".

FedGT

Haven't we already gone over this twice. You are a single van operator. You talk about possibilities that are complete unknown to you. You have no idea what type of finances most of us larger contractors make. So stop talking like you know what we can and can't offer. I will tell you flat out that mostly of what you have seen in your terminal is probably crap contractors that wanted to horde as much as they could. That has no bearing on what we can and a lot of us do offer to our employees.

Last edited:

Bounty

Haven't we already gone over this twice. You are a single van operator. You talk about possibilities that are complete unknown to you. You have no idea what type of financing most of us larger contractors make. So stop talking like you know what we can and can't offer. I will tell you flat out that mostly of what you have seen in your terminal is probably crap contractors that wanted to horde as much as they could. That has no bearing on what we can and a lot of us do offer to our employees.
Like I said once I'm out I will have a lot to say.

It will be fine

My guys do pre-trips, can't say for certain about post, not there when they get in, but they call me if a light burns out during the day. They all get lunch breaks. All get Holiday pay. All get paid vacation. Last I checked I'm not bankrupt.