GOP confusion over 1st amendment

804brown

"Churches, too, were afforded broad protections under the Bill of Rights, but they still must abide by civil laws. For instance, a religion that practices pedophilia or polygamy or fundraising fraud cannot simply assert a blanket right under the First Amendment to do whatever it wants.

Yet, today we’re being told by the Right that religious liberty is boundless and that any moral or religious objection by an employer against giving an employee some specific health benefit trumps the employee’s right to get that medical service. In other words, the religious freedom of the employer should trample the rights of the employee who may have a different moral viewpoint."

Read the entire article:GOP Confusion Over the First Amendment

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Churches, too, were afforded broad protections under the Bill of Rights, but they still must abide by civil laws. For instance, a religion that practices pedophilia or polygamy or fundraising fraud cannot simply assert a blanket right under the First Amendment to do whatever it wants.

Yet, today we’re being told by the Right that religious liberty is boundless and that any moral or religious objection by an employer against giving an employee some specific health benefit trumps the employee’s right to get that medical service. In other words, the religious freedom of the employer should trample the rights of the employee who may have a different moral viewpoint."

Read the entire article:GOP Confusion Over the First Amendment

Name a religion where polygamy and pedophilia are the accepted liturgy. Both are illegal and not part of main stream religions. They rank right up there with cannibalism!

klein

Für Meno :)
Republicans Gone Wild!!!

By Jayne Dough | Healthy Living – Fri, 2 Mar, 2012

This morning I read the paper; nothing new there. Then I got disgusted; the news was awful and confirms my belief that this election season Republicans have taken leave of their senses!

804brown

Republicans Gone Wild!!!

By Jayne Dough | Healthy Living – Fri, 2 Mar, 2012

This morning I read the paper; nothing new there. Then I got disgusted; the news was awful and confirms my belief that this election season Republicans have taken leave of their senses!

I guess I will have to admit that evolution isnt true. The current gop has proven that DEvolution is true.