Got a call for 2nd interview/driving test for friend/t driver. Any advice?

cudatd1980

Just got a call today for 2nd interview/driving test for friend/t driver. Ups is opening a new hub here in st. john's NL CAN. Anybody got any advice for me?
Thanks.

klein

Für Meno :)
Practice on a standard vehicle if you don't own one.
You'll go thru 5 days of diad training, etc (no worries there).

1st gear in a UPS standard is a joke - they even told me to start in 2nd gear.
It's all pretty simple, so don't worry too much.

But expect long days after that - atleast 12 hrs away from home every day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just got a call today for 2nd interview/driving test for friend/t driver. Ups is opening a new hub here in st. john's NL CAN. Anybody other than Klein got any advice for me? Thanks.

There is a member with the username DS who drives in the Toronto area. DS is much more reputable and would be a far better source of information. Good luck.

barnyard

KTM rider
1st gear in a UPS standard is a joke - they even told me to start in 2nd gear.

During qualification, starting in 1st was recommended. Get it rolling in 1st and quickly shift to 2nd. Saves clutches. When I was qualifying, starting in 2nd was a mark against.

If you have good driving habits then you should be fine. Look up the ten commentary....this will help you on your road test.
Let us know how you make out, and good luck.

rocket man

drive normal like you would drive anything els its only a truck just be your self and you will be ok unless your a maniac.

C

chitterling

Run as fast as u can away from ups or say goodby to life as u knowit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not joking a

paidover95

Dont take the job!!!!!You will be treated like crap for the next 30 plus years!!!!Let alone ruin your body!!!!Dont be blinded by hourly pay!!!!!

W

want to retire

Be ready for an experience like no other. Be ready to leave reality. Be ready to say things like: "Over an hour!?" "Man, I couldn't stop to pee all day" "I've never taken a crap in the back of a truck before...." "who took my pee bottle?" "hour lunch?" "you can be charged an accident for hitting a dog?" "it's my fault the dog bit me?" "what's the allowance for this?.....It's in there...." "what happened?" "why are you late?" "we know that happened....but why are you late?"