Got a job offer from FedEx.

Zeliwin

i got a Job offer from Fedex express to be a courier about 2 weeks after my interview. going to do my drug test and stuff tomorrow. My only concern is I have a felony on my record from 8years ago. In MA i dont gave to disclose it. but should i been concerned about then revoking my job offer? And should i tell the manager when i see him tomorrow? I usually always bring itt up in my interview but this time i forgot. So now im concerned. I currently work at. distrubution center for Dunkin Donuts delivering so i have lots of experience in the field which is what they liked. I just want this as a 2nd job.

Zeliwin

Im transfering into the warehouse at my current job as a Quality Control Auditor, so it wont be an issue. just means im working 40hrs a week and not 60 anymore so just looking for a part time job to fill the hour gap and i saw the Fedex courier job and secided why not. got the job offer from them i just dont want no surprises.

upschuck

The ten hour time off rule still applies, if I'm not mistaken. Make sure FedEx knows about the other job, and the hours worked. Good Luck.

Zeliwin

Just want to make sure sense I got the job offer that it wont be revoked. i know the background check didnt come back yet that if my Felony from almost 8years ago will make them reconsider, i did well at my interview, he was impressed. just want to kkow their policy on it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
In days gone by they'd sack you in a heartbeat once the felony was brought to light. But this is a much different company now, so I can't say what they'll do....perhaps they'll put you right straight into upper management.

Good luck.

Zeliwin

perhaps they'll put you right straight into upper management

Sounds a bit offensive their, like your implying something...

Anywho, do you guys think i should bring it to light tomorrow when i pick up paperwork for my medic exam and drug test? Or wait for it to pop it up in the background check? I was 17 years ok at the time was almost 8 years ago. What do you guys think the best course of action I should take?

fedex_rtd

You should be upfront and honest about your past. Failure to do so may not be an issue at first, but if you end up needing to get a SIDA badge and THEN these things show up on your background check, you will have issues.

STFXG

If it wasn't on the application and you aren't asked directly I wouldn't say anything.

Have you talked to an attorney about getting the charges sealed or expunged?

Zeliwin

Ya, in the process of a pardon. it just takes awhile. In MA they legally cant ask the question, but i know they do a 10 year FBI background check, so i know it will come uo. I was just curious if I should be the one to mention it or to let them see for themselves.

I dont know why they would offer me the job before they did it though, thats beyond me.

Zeliwin

I live in Fall River, the hub in applying to is in Raynham. 1 position and 5 interviews i got lucky if i dont get canned for thay felony.

MAKAVELI

Like Mr. 7 said, let it ride. If you don't get the job as a result, you really aren't missing much. This job is no longer a career. Try to get that pardon and apply at UPS. Much better off in the long run with benefits and pay.

MassWineGuy

I was offered a permanent pt courier job as soon as I returned home on the day of my interview. Then the physical, background checks, etc. began. That was about two months ago, but they called today to say evrything is finished and I'll get a call for a start date. For me it sounds great because my shift would be 3 pm to 8 pm.

Zeliwin, I'm up in Ipswich. My guess is that even if by law they can't ask about felonies, the background checks will turn up everything. I was told these include a TSA screening because you handle and deliver air packages and FedEx is an airline. As long as you didn't lie on the application, I can't see how not listing this would be a downside. But if it ever comes up, be upfront about it. Anyone can make a mistake.