Got a ticket...

averageguy

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question, I'm currently a reg. temp driver awaiting to go full-time (however long that may be). But I recently received a ticket for a traffic violation.

So my question is: should I let my supervisor know? Or just go ahead and leave it alone. I'm going to pay it off anyway, but if I should tell him will this hurt my chances at becoming full time?

Thanks

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I wouldn't say anything about it. Every year we have to let management know if we've had any tickets or anything, but as a reg temp I wouldn't think you would need to disclose that until you want to go driving

UPSGUY72

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question, I'm currently a reg. temp driver awaiting to go full-time (however long that may be). But I recently received a ticket for a traffic violation.

So my question is: should I let my supervisor know? Or just go ahead and leave it alone. I'm going to pay it off anyway, but if I should tell him will this hurt my chances at becoming full time?

Thanks

Are you a FT ups employee ?? Or a temp that has to call every morning to see if they have any openings. If your a temp you do understand that there is a 6 to 1 inside to outside people hiring ration.

At the begin of every year they hand out a traffic violation sheet that you have to fill out of all the traffic infraction that you have received in the previous year.

You can't have any moving violation in the last year and no more than 2 in the last three year to be eligible to become a FT Driver.

packageguy

Every January, we fill out a report about if we had tickets, during the course of the year, trust me be honest, they will find out.

over9five

Staff member
Yes, be honest..... But don't tell them now, no-one's asking!
Be honest when you fill out the yearly driving record form.

averageguy

I've been a part-timer for about 6 months, I'm just a reg-temp. Not full-time, I want to go full-time though. And you say no moving violations, so I guess receiving a ticket for going down a one-way counts as a moving violation?

iowa boy

I've been a part-timer for about 6 months, I'm just a reg-temp. Not full-time, I want to go full-time though. And you say no moving violations, so I guess receiving a ticket for going down a one-way counts as a moving violation?

Any ticket that goes on your driving record is counted as a moving violation in UPS' eyes. I got a frickin seat belt ticket in my own vehicle and that kept me from going driving for a year. Now even the state of Iowa doesn't count seat belt tickets as a moving violation, but UPS counts any ticket you got in the previous 12 months against you and thus it held me up from driving for 4 months.

rocket man

Hey everyone,

So my question is: should I let my supervisor know? Or just go ahead and leave it alone. I'm going to pay it off anyway, but if I should tell him will this hurt my chances at becoming full time? N O BIG DEAL SUPERVISOR DOSE not have to no. go to traffic school get it off like it neverr happened

Thanks

A

anonymous6

if it were up to me i would not let you go full time. all we want at UPS is perfect people ...er robots.

we wouldn't hire jesus, what with the long hair and beard and how often did he bathe?

rod

Retired 22 years
if it were up to me i would not let you go full time. all we want at UPS is perfect people ...er robots.

we wouldn't hire jesus, what with the long hair and beard and how often did he bathe?

no way in hell could he work fast enough in those sandals

P

pickup

Hey everyone,

Thanks
Fight the damn ticket. In some states, if the cop doesn't show, the ticket is thrown out. You can't lose a loser so there is no harm in fighting it.

smartop

Depending on the state you live in, it may be useful to do Traffic School- no record may be made about the ticket at all. It would be as if it never existed!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
traffic school ticket never happenened supervisor dose not need to no dont give ammo out at a gun fight.
Hey Rocket, did ya know that you can reply to a post in one shot instead of two? RE: posts 12 and 13......................... just sayin (hehehehe)