Got a ticket...

menotyou

bella amicizia
There were 12.

Simon(The original twelve disciples/apostles are listed in Matthew 10:2-4, “These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him.” The Bible also lists the twelve disciples/apostles in Mark 3:16-19 and Luke 6:13-16. A comparison of the three passages shows a couple of minor differences in the names. It seems that Thaddaeus was also known as “Judas, son of James” (Luke 6:16) and Lebbaeus (Matthew 10:3). Simon the Zealot was also known as Simon the Canaanite (Mark 3:18). Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus, was replaced in the twelve apostles by Matthias (see Acts 1:20-26). Some Bible teachers view Matthias as an “invalid” apostle and believe that Paul was God's choice to replace Judas Iscariot as the twelfth apostle.

Who were the twelve (12) disciples / apostles of Jesus Christ?

over9five

Staff member
There were 12.

Simon(The original twelve disciples/apostles are listed in Matthew 10:2-4, “These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him.” The Bible also lists the twelve disciples/apostles in Mark 3:16-19 and Luke 6:13-16. A comparison of the three passages shows a couple of minor differences in the names. It seems that Thaddaeus was also known as “Judas, son of James” (Luke 6:16) and Lebbaeus (Matthew 10:3). Simon the Zealot was also known as Simon the Canaanite (Mark 3:18). Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus, was replaced in the twelve apostles by Matthias (see Acts 1:20-26). Some Bible teachers view Matthias as an “invalid” apostle and believe that Paul was God's choice to replace Judas Iscariot as the twelfth apostle.

Who were the twelve (12) disciples / apostles of Jesus Christ?

A sausage fest? Jesus didn't hire any women???

menotyou

bella amicizia
A sausage fest? Jesus didn't hire any women???
If any of them had taken a shower ever, maybe, the women would have been around. Not sure if that's why, but it's funny.

Think about it. Mary had Jesus via immaculate conception. Poor Joseph didn't get any.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If any of them had taken a shower ever, maybe, the women would have been around. Not sure if that's why, but it's funny.

Think about it. Mary had Jesus via immaculate conception. Poor Joseph didn't get any.

What do you think the sheep and donkeys were for ??

over9five

Staff member

Yeah right. I can just imagine that conversation:

"Uhhh Joe honey? I'm preggers..... I swear I never slept with anyone.... It must have been immaculate! Yeah.....immaculate......that's the ticket...."

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yeah right. I can just imagine that conversation:

"Uhhh Joe honey? I'm preggers..... I swear I never slept with anyone.... It must have been immaculate! Yeah.....immaculate......that's the ticket...."
:rofl: A whole religion based on a potentially illegitimate child? Can you imagine?!?!?! :rofl: Too funny!