Got fired and stopped paying union dues will this hurt my chances for union getting my job back

McGee

Some guy been harassing me for years at work being racist and always telling me to fight him and i was told bye other employees he was trying to plot to get me fired months ago and one day in parking lot he baited me he had his friends around including a manager in his car and guy went off on me told me to hit him in parking lot i said not time or place then he took off his jacket and got in my face more and we started arguing as i was trying to stand up for myself but did not put hands on him ..then he told on me when he instigated whole thing i got fired and management said i threatened him ..union said they cant really help me they cant use my witnesses and cant use video cameras in parking lot ,i trust union but dont know why they are saying nothing can really be done .management hates me and has been trying to get me out for years because i stand up for myself and others ... so union said we going threw arbitration which i herd is not good chance to get my job back ...me and this guy had issues before but im the one fired ..i have been there 19 years and never been fired

It's incredibly difficult, BUT, did you think of Walking away?? You are throwing away a $80-100,000 + /year job over a Punch???

It's incredibly difficult, BUT, did you think of Walking away?? You are throwing away a $80-100,000 + /year job over a Punch???
Yep. If you are at ups put your hands behind your back get punched fall down and say bye to them. You still make the cheese and the other guy is applying for the government cheese.

McGee

Were any punches thrown?
If so, It can only get worse...

File a police report on the guy who threatens you and intimidated you. Also go get a lawyer and tell him you been working in a hostile work environment.
Yep, it did get worse. Ok, when One of Both of you file police reports, the union most likely will not be able to help you because its now in the hands of the law and now its out of the hands of the company and in the justice system.

And I have seen it happen at a former employer between 2 females and there were punches thrown and they both filed reports and both were terminated.

McGee

Yep. If you are at ups put your hands behind your back get punched fall down and say bye to them. You still make the cheese and the other guy is applying for the government cheese.

Exactly, hit the ground and scream at the top of your lungs get EVERYONE'S attention!

Exactly, hit the ground and scream at the top of your lungs get EVERYONE'S attention!
I've been punched kicked and elbowed in the head. It's not really that bad. I used to love the smell you get from a good punch in the nose. A broken nose kinda sucks but you get it set and you move on. It's a story to tell.

Indecisi0n

I've been punched kicked and elbowed in the head. It's not really that bad. I used to love the smell you get from a good punch in the nose. A broken nose kinda sucks but you get it set and you move on. It's a story to tell.
I've been asked by some individuals to punch and kick them. Is that the same thing?

tallsaul

We have cameras in the parking lot and they had used them for employees in the past. Management probly told the union not to help you, but both of you should of got fired, not just you. You could get your job back. If there been really anal with you, you should bring a lawyer. Good luck. There was once a fight in the parking lot and both got fired. Then later on, they got there job back. They send one driver to another building and they kept the other one in the same building.
thanks for the info ya they where going to send me to another building but district manager stopped it and they called everything off and yep i saw people get fired many times and do crazy things and they got there jobs back so im sure i got set up

tallsaul

So you want the union, who you don't support, to support you now because you got fired?

How many times are you going to post this looking for answers? You posted the same thing yesterday only leaving out that you don't pay dues and started with your story.
i do support i do vote but im not working i have paid my dues for 19 years so why am i out of a job when people are accused of way worse things and they still work there

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i do support i do vote but im not working i have paid my dues for 19 years so why am i out of a job when people are accused of way worse things and they still work there
It seems everyone's records are generally viewed and perceived on an individual basis and not collectively. Is it fair? Usually not.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If so, It can only get worse...

Yep, it did get worse. Ok, when One of Both of you file police reports, the union most likely will not be able to help you because its now in the hands of the law and now its out of the hands of the company and in the justice system.

And I have seen it happen at a former employer between 2 females and there were punches thrown and they both filed reports and both were terminated.

Ups has to provide a safe workplace for everyone. From intimidation and harassment. If what he is saying is true then it means he is working in a hostile work environment. The parking lot is still ups property and if a manager was there then it means they condone it. If the union won't stop it from happening then you need alternative sources. Ups will be in bad shape if they fired him when this stuff was going on. Unless there isn't something he is saying or listing in his quote.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
thanks for the info ya they where going to send me to another building but district manager stopped it and they called everything off and yep i saw people get fired many times and do crazy things and they got there jobs back so im sure i got set up
if they don't like you and the union don't like you you really think you have a chance? i don't like people who quit the union and then expect free service. actually I am paying for your union protections and I don't like that.

maybe you will learn something for your new job.

ldmarshall

I have the same problem , I've been fired 3 times, and the racist guy that's trying to get me fired was secretary of the union until Dec 2015 , and is a local steward at our center. I thought as a steward they had to take an oath to never try to get another union brother fired

ldmarshall

Call the union in DC and tell them you are not being represented , and make sure you are present at any locals , that's the only way you will get a fair trial. The union doesn't give a damn about anyone !!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have the same problem , I've been fired 3 times, and the racist guy that's trying to get me fired was secretary of the union until Dec 2015 , and is a local steward at our center. I thought as a steward they had to take an oath to never try to get another union brother fired
How you know he's racist

542thruNthru

if they don't like you and the union don't like you you really think you have a chance? i don't like people who quit the union and then expect free service. actually I am paying for your union protections and I don't like that.

maybe you will learn something for your new job.

I see everyone jump on you for things and I hate to do it also but....

Why do you always do this? You're retired yet you always speak as if you're not. You're not paying union dues. You're not paying for anyone's perfection.