Got fired.. going to hearing tomorrow hoping to get my job back

novadriver

center manager says he'll try and get me back in on friday and put this behind us.. I sure hope he lets me back.. I think ill skip my lunch for next 18 months just to stay under radar

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Erm, your center manager has the power to bring you back today...doesn't have to "try" to do anything and it doesn't have to go to panel.

I don't know what you did, but don't skip your lunch. If they don't have grounds to terminate you'll be back. If they do, it could go either way.

novadriver

i was in a rush and signed for pkgs instead of putting emergency conditions, I DON'T KNOW WTF I WAS THINKING... I deserve it though if they don't give me my job back. I didnt even realize what i had done until the next morning when the dispatch asked about the pkgs saying they were delivered to building...epic fail

clean hairy

Greetings everyone!
Welcome to another edition of guess what happened!
Where you win absolutely NOTHING for guessing correctly.
Who is our first Contestant to try and Guess What Happened?
Only clues are in the first post of this thread.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
i was kidding about that, but if they let me come back ill have to make a checklist of stuff not to screw up again...
Here's something I always think of when I'm doing something out of the ordinary.

Is what I'm about to do going to put me in a situation where my integrity can be questioned?

If the answer is even slightly yes, call management and ask for guidance.

UPSGUY72

i was in a rush and signed for pkgs instead of putting emergency conditions, I DON'T KNOW WTF I WAS THINKING... I deserve it though if they don't give me my job back. I didnt even realize what i had done until the next morning when the dispatch asked about the pkgs saying they were delivered to building...epic fail

Your story doesn't really make any sense it would have been easier to EC or Ni1 the package then sign for them. But that's water under the bridge at this point. Your getting paid $33 + hr straight time and $50 + OT and your in such a rush you willing to put you job in jeopardy ????

novadriver

Your story doesn't really make any sense it would have been easier to EC or Ni1 the package then sign for them. But that's water under the bridge at this point. Your getting paid $33 + hr straight time and $50 + OT and your in such a rush you willing to put you job in jeopardy ????
i make 18.75... im still a noob, and yes i was rushing and not thinking correctly.. honestly i dont know wtf i was thinking

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

center manager said he doesnt think i did it maliciously but who knows what theyll say tomrrow

I am very curious as to what made you think to do this and if for even a moment you thought that it was not the right thing to do.

I cannot think of any option where signing for packages without delivering them would be something that I would even consider.