Got fired

Notcool

I got fired last night. Taken into office shown a picture I posted on facebook of me working. I got terminated. union steward says its not looking good. I been there many years as a loader. I want my job back but doesnt look good. I had the pic private so not sure how it got to anyone It was nothing bad in the pic just a picture of workflow I was getting. Anything I can do. Called teamsters and I get directed to a line no one answers. got business agent lie and they dont answer either

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Keep in touch with your steward and make sure you get ahold of the BA ASAP.

Tell the truth. If you knew better apologize and tell them it will never happen again. If you didn't know tell them you didn't know. Apologize and tell them it will never happen again.

Lets face it if you've been employed here for awhile you should know better. Own up to your mistake. Beg for mercy and all will likely work itself out.

Johney

First of all NOTHING is private once it's on the internet. I believe most if not all UPS buildings have a no camera policy. If they don't like you......good luck in your future job search.

ncupser82

Ouch! I usually have to write my BA an email to get in touch with him...if you have a membership meeting coming up go to it and speak with him there...oh and you might want to reevaluate your friends on FB (maybe not friend supervisors) because that's the only way UPS would've gotten that pic (if your pics are set to private)!

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
This is becoming a big problem. I repeatedly warn people about social media . I believe there are cases at the NLRB currently. My own son got called on the carpet out of work with a doctor's note arm in a sling and got tagged in a bar on a pic on another person's FC page and some little twerp campaigning for PT sup honors took the pic to management. It didn't hold water but this is an example of what happens. Last week I counseled someone to stay of FC (phone app) during working hours. Can you say stealing time?
Not C man, get with your BA ASAP and have a meeting with management to get your job back. The only help here is this advice. Read this and call the hall !!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I got fired last night. Taken into office shown a picture I posted on facebook of me working. I got terminated. union steward says its not looking good. I been there many years as a loader. I want my job back but doesnt look good. I had the pic private so not sure how it got to anyone It was nothing bad in the pic just a picture of workflow I was getting. Anything I can do. Called teamsters and I get directed to a line no one answers. got business agent lie and they dont answer either

The company will almost certainly wait for you to go to a local level hearing to get your job back. If you've done it before and you're asked, then definitely fess up to it. Don't lie.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

I was going to shoot you a private message but I can't access your page. Inbox me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sorry, that sucks. To the OP, we are not allowed to take pics inside the facility..as a loader for many years, you should know this. I'm guilty of the same offense as you, but I'd never post ups pics on the internet anywhere with my real name attached. This thread is a prime example of why many of us, myself included, are adamant about protecting our identities on BC. Hopefully, being truthful and apologetic will get you your job back.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
This is just one reason I still don't do Facebook, making yourself known as to what you're doing to everyone sometimes isn't a good thing.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Exactly....call in sick and some FB friend posts a pic of you taking bong hits at a party.
Had someone here who called in sick, was out of days, and posted on Facebook skydiving pics. Good thing was since management lets people go home all the time they never can discipline for attendance.

Notcool

yeah that was stupid I should have known better just seen others do it ad didnt think anything about it now I am sitting at home with no job. :anxious:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
yeah that was stupid I should have known better just seen others do it ad didnt think anything about it now I am sitting at home with no job. :anxious:
You'll have a chance to be heard. Be honest...don't lie and assure them it'll never happen again. If you're not a chronic discipline problem...you'll probably get your job back.

710 steward

Keep in touch with your steward and make sure you get ahold of the BA ASAP.

Tell the truth. If you knew better apologize and tell them it will never happen again. If you didn't know tell them you didn't know. Apologize and tell them it will never happen again.

Lets face it if you've been employed here for awhile you should know better. Own up to your mistake. Beg for mercy and all will likely work itself out.

This is perfect advice. Own it and apologize. Let it be known at your in house that you'll gladly consider this a suspension if you could please return to work.

I hate FB, Twitter, Vine, etc. It has become a "look at me" society. At some point ya gotta grow up and concentrate in the things that really matter in life.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I had the pic private so not sure how it got to anyone
The pic was private? You might want to check your facebook privacy settings.

Assuming you had your privacy settings set up right, someone ratted you out. Surely you're not FB friends with any of your sups right? How about the hourlies you work with? Sounds like someone you're "friends" with screwed you over.