Got my ballot

HotPepper

What is everyone voting? I really see no reason to vote no... but ive only been working at UPS for 9 months and this is my first union job so i dont really understand fully the ins and outs of the contract

steward71

it is called look up the info and reading it for yourself. don't go on what others have to say. it is kind like high school do your homework. you could be like most people in this country and go blinding into voting (that is how we got Obama) and not know the issues. me, i will be voting with a no. you know why because i have read the TA and don't like it at all.

10veleze

Got mine today too, here is my vote

CLX-3180_20130531_14052801.jpg
CLX-3180_20130531_14052801.jpg

HotPepper

it is called look up the info and reading it for yourself. don't go on what others have to say. it is kind like high school do your homework. you could be like most people in this country and go blinding into voting (that is how we got Obama) and not know the issues. me, i will be voting with a no. you know why because i have read the TA and don't like it at all.

Watch out we have a badass right here. Back on topic i dont understand what im voting on. What UPS whats or what the teamster contract wants???

UPS Preloader

DITTO!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Watch out we have a badass right here. Back on topic i dont understand what im voting on. What UPS whats or what the teamster contract wants???

Suppose you were shopping for a new car and it came down to either a Nissan Altima or Hyundai Sonata. How would you decide? You would research both cars which would then allow you to make an educated purchase. It is the same with this contract. Read the information that came with your ballot; if necessary, have a grown-up help you with the big words. After reading this you will then be able to vote based on the issues, not on what you may have heard at work or what you may have read on this forum.

If after all of this you still can't decide just vote "yes".

HotPepper

Suppose you were shopping for a new car and it came down to either a Nissan Altima or Hyundai Sonata. How would you decide? You would research both cars which would then allow you to make an educated purchase. It is the same with this contract. Read the information that came with your ballot; if necessary, have a grown-up help you with the big words. After reading this you will then be able to vote based on the issues, not on what you may have heard at work or what you may have read on this forum.

If after all of this you still can't decide just vote "yes".

Woot, yet another person whos not in the helping mood. Man GTFO if you came here just to bash me

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Woot, yet another person whos not in the helping mood. Man GTFO if you came here just to bash me

I did help you----I told you to read the tentative agreement that came with your ballot. Read it until you understand what it says----then and only then can you make an informed decision.

You are voting on a contract between the Teamsters and UPS that will bind you to its terms and conditions for the next 5 years. You are a PTer so you should probably focus on those areas of the contract which affect PTers, such as daily guarantees, wages and healthcare. 90% of the contract will not apply to you.

No one can tell you how you should vote----only you can make this decision and only after you have taken the time to become an informed voter.

As I said before, if you still can't decide then just vote "yes".

UPS Preloader

What is everyone voting? I really see no reason to vote no... but ive only been working at UPS for 9 months and this is my first union job so i dont really understand fully the ins and outs of the contract

My Reasons - They insulted us with the so call significant bump in pay for the part timers. (50 Cents is not significant.) If you ever want to become a driver, with the new contract it will take you an extra year to get the top rate. The retires were thrown under the bus with their health care increases. Supporting those in the central states that feel they are getting an inferior health insurance plan. My Vote on the National Agreement - NO.

steward71

thanks i will take that compliment, because i'm a badass. so just do your homework or wait for another kool-aid drinker to tell you it is good and blindly vote, good luck, i'm also known to others by the name smarta**, but for you with love and all the warm and fuzzys from badass.

gotbrown

believe it or not upstate is right , as is stewi71, do your homework read the TA and supplement make a informed decision if you still don't know what to do then DON'T vote.. an uniformed vote is stupid vote,,just look at the current Administration.

HotPepper

believe it or not upstate is right , as is stewi71, do your homework read the TA and supplement make a informed decision if you still don't know what to do then DON'T vote.. an uniformed vote is stupid vote,,just look at the current Administration.

well all i can make sense is i see it say part time raise so thats a yes for me. i could care less about retirees as im not that age yet so could care less

wgf46

It's best to care about everyone, what's best for us all ! Highlighted $25,000 pay raise over the next 5 years for full time drivers, I'm thrilled full time drivers are well compensated ! Monday through Friday they bust their rear ends and should be taken care of ! I guarantee the increase for part time employees is not $12,500 over the next 5 years. It's a NO for me, this is definitely not the Best, Last, and Final Offer.