Gov't. Waste

wkmac

True National Security Budget not $700 billion but more like $1.2 Trillion.

Whether one calls any of this waste depends on one's POV but in the case of Grover Norquist, long time American hawk and anti tax crusader, it's enough to make him even question it all. At the very least, someone is using accounting smoke and mirrors so it's harder to connect all the dots. Transparency again?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Bachmann: Don't tread on my light bulbs

Under new GOP management in the House, the Minnesota Republican is reintroducing her signature “Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act,” a new iteration of legislation that went nowhere when the Democrats were in charge.

Her aim: Repeal the 2007 mandate which requires that traditional incandescent light bulbs be phased out in favor of those squiggly energy efficient compact fluorescent jobbies.

“The government has no business telling an individual what kind of light bulb to buy,” Bachmann said in a statement Wednesday. “This mandate has sweeping effects on American families and businesses and needs serious consideration before taking effect.”
“The American people want less government intrusion into their lives, not more, and that includes staying out of their personal light bulb choices.”

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bachmann: Don't tread on my light bulbs

Under new GOP management in the House, the Minnesota Republican is reintroducing her signature “Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act,” a new iteration of legislation that went nowhere when the Democrats were in charge.

Her aim: Repeal the 2007 mandate which requires that traditional incandescent light bulbs be phased out in favor of those squiggly energy efficient compact fluorescent jobbies.

“The government has no business telling an individual what kind of light bulb to buy,” Bachmann said in a statement Wednesday. “This mandate has sweeping effects on American families and businesses and needs serious consideration before taking effect.”
“The American people want less government intrusion into their lives, not more, and that includes staying out of their personal light bulb choices.”

This mandate has already forced the redesign of the Easy Bake oven:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/02/easy-bake-oven-redesigned-to-eliminate-heatball.php

Lue C Fur

Evil member
We bought a bunch of those new bulbs a year ago. They were 3 times more expensive then the regular ones and dont seem to last any longer. They blow out all the time. Also i think they are an enviromental hazzard. Funny that they are made in China too...hmmm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We bought a bunch of those new bulbs a year ago. They were 3 times more expensive then the regular ones and dont seem to last any longer. They blow out all the time. Also i think they are an enviromental hazzard. Funny that they are made in China too...hmmm.

I switched all of the bulbs in my condo over to CFL's a few years ago--none of them have burnt out yet. It does take a while for them to warm up but when they do they produce the same level of illumination. The only time they are an environmental hazard is if they break or if they are thrown in with the rest of your trash.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I switched all of the bulbs in my condo over to CFL's a few years ago--none of them have burnt out yet. It does take a while for them to warm up but when they do they produce the same level of illumination. The only time they are an environmental hazard is if they break or if they are thrown in with the rest of your trash.

I must have got a crappy batch. Ooops i threw them in the trash...Al Gore will get me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
BensoL20110604_low.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He'll need to spread those funds overseas .
He will be needing a new home soon, some place that has a lower standard of living, so that Mooch can still be treated like the queen she thinks she is.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So when is bhos going to stop all the Medicare Fraud , ya know that $5 B savings he keep talking about.

There's a czar that he appointed just for that job and he's not been seen since the day he was appointed. He's a dead guy in one of the closets at the white house. You'd think they would smell the decaying flesh by now.

I think maybe Obama's real last name is Grimm.....Grimm's Fairy Tales!! He can spin 'em!!