GPS motion block... a way to disable it?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So I'm quickly frolicking to the front door to deliver a box...

sketch-1534202542351.png

stop.gif

I'm not driving, I'm "briskly walking" !!!

So somewhere in youtubes, I seen a comment about disabling this function, butt they're not going to say it...

So it's true or fake news?

I'm fumbling around after logging out and clearing the delivery files trying to find where this is...

It will be fine

So I'm quickly frolicking to the front door to deliver a box...

View attachment 207010

stop.gif

I'm not driving, I'm "briskly walking" !!!

So somewhere in youtubes, I seen a comment about disabling this function, butt they're not going to say it...

So it's true or fake news?

I'm fumbling around after logging out and clearing the delivery files trying to find where this is...
Just slow down, you have to be running to get it to go off, happens to me all the time.

FedGT

Easily can be disabled takes 6 steps but not going to post how. It probably is a good thing to have on there for most people.

Star B

White Lightening
Just slow down, you have to be running to get it to go off, happens to me all the time.
that or you are under massive tree cover and the gps is having a heck of a time plotting where you are because of crappy LoS to the sky, so when it sees sky, it thinks you just moved at like, 10mph.

overflowed

You guys just need to stop running or apply for a job that pays hourly. I understand why most do it, but you guys look absolutely silly running to drop cardboard.

OrioN

that or you are under massive tree cover and the gps is having a heck of a time plotting where you are because of crappy LoS to the sky, so when it sees sky, it thinks you just moved at like, 10mph.

Yeah I'm not running on my rural route...

Does it always try to find a signal???

Some days, I'll have to switch batteries as early as 1400... Then finished my route with 60-70% left on the 2nd battery

Star B

White Lightening
Yeah I'm not running on my rural route...

Does it always try to find a signal???

Some days, I'll have to switch batteries as early as 1400... Then finished my route with 60-70% left on the 2nd battery
GPS works on triangulation. You need three satellites to get a rough position, the more you have, the finer of a position you get. When it gets more satellites sync'd up is when it starts 'snapping' your position around.

If you're swapping batteries that often, you have either crappy batteries or really bad cell service.

OrioN

Yeah, if you see the original pic, I have no bars on the Verizon network... only if I get to some suburbia and the gated community will I get green bars back

I know how to check battery health... double tap on the battery icon to see how many charge cycles it went thru. Anything over 200 should be recycled, yes?

My Garmin GPS units on the windshield, however, are getting better signals than the Motorola power pad. Shrugs.

MAKAVELI

Yeah, if you see the original pic, I have no bars on the Verizon network... only if I get to some suburbia and the gated community will I get green bars back

I know how to check battery health... double tap on the battery icon to see how many charge cycles it went thru. Anything over 200 should be recycled, yes?

My Garmin GPS units on the windshield, however, are getting better signals than the Motorola power pad. Shrugs.
Gps always gets better signals than cell. Ttku

SmithBarney

GPS works on triangulation. You need three satellites to get a rough position, the more you have, the finer of a position you get. When it gets more satellites sync'd up is when it starts 'snapping' your position around.

If you're swapping batteries that often, you have either crappy batteries or really bad cell service.

Yes but the PPAD uses GPRS(not GPS) which means it uses triangulation based on Cell towers(not Satellite) so with crappy service you'll get battery run down.

OrioN

You guys just need to stop running or apply for a job that pays hourly. I understand why most do it, but you guys look absolutely silly running to drop cardboard.
So why is this hourly airline worker running???

I @$$umed he already scanned and DR the box from his van...

If he's running late to rtb, couldn't he text or call the terminal?

overflowed

So why is this hourly airline worker running???

I @$$umed he already scanned and DR the box from his van...

If he's running late to rtb, couldn't he text or call the terminal?
Who knows man, I never in my time there ran like that. I've never seen an Express coworker run . Maybe walk fast at 1025.