GPS motion block... a way to disable it?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by OrioN, Aug 13, 2018.

1. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

So I'm quickly frolicking to the front door to deliver a box...

sketch-1534202542351.png

[​IMG]
    I'm not driving, I'm "briskly walking" !!!

So somewhere in youtubes, I seen a comment about disabling this function, butt they're not going to say it...

So it's true or fake news?

I'm fumbling around after logging out and clearing the delivery files trying to find where this is...

2. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Put it in a Faraday bag...it won't get GPS signal...(or any signal for that matter)

3. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Just slow down, you have to be running to get it to go off, happens to me all the time.

4. FedEx GT

FedEx GT Active Member

Easily can be disabled takes 6 steps but not going to post how. It probably is a good thing to have on there for most people.

5. Star B

Star B White Lightening

that or you are under massive tree cover and the gps is having a heck of a time plotting where you are because of crappy LoS to the sky, so when it sees sky, it thinks you just moved at like, 10mph.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

You guys just need to stop running or apply for a job that pays hourly. I understand why most do it, but you guys look absolutely silly running to drop cardboard.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Turn your truck off

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. OrioN

Yeah I'm not running on my rural route...

Does it always try to find a signal???

Some days, I'll have to switch batteries as early as 1400... Then finished my route with 60-70% left on the 2nd battery

9. OrioN

[​IMG]
    Geez I thot diss forums wuz about sharing

10. Star B

Star B White Lightening

GPS works on triangulation. You need three satellites to get a rough position, the more you have, the finer of a position you get. When it gets more satellites sync'd up is when it starts 'snapping' your position around.

If you're swapping batteries that often, you have either crappy batteries or really bad cell service.

11. OrioN

Yeah, if you see the original pic, I have no bars on the Verizon network... only if I get to some suburbia and the gated community will I get green bars back

I know how to check battery health... double tap on the battery icon to see how many charge cycles it went thru. Anything over 200 should be recycled, yes?

My Garmin GPS units on the windshield, however, are getting better signals than the Motorola power pad. Shrugs.

12. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Gps always gets better signals than cell. Ttku

13. SmithBarney

Yes but the PPAD uses GPRS(not GPS) which means it uses triangulation based on Cell towers(not Satellite) so with crappy service you'll get battery run down.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. SmithBarney

the PPAD uses GPRS(not GPS) which means it uses triangulation based on Cell towers(not Satellite)

15. OrioN

Ahhh, that makes sense, thanks!

16. OrioN

So why is this hourly airline worker running???

I @$$umed he already scanned and DR the box from his van...

If he's running late to rtb, couldn't he text or call the terminal?

17. Star B

Star B White Lightening

maybe he had to take a massive dump or something and it was starting to peak?

18. Route 66

Route 66 I’m Gonna Puma Pants Member

Double tap o da battery icon, dooshbag

19. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

Who knows man, I never in my time there ran like that. I've never seen an Express coworker run . Maybe walk fast at 1025.

20. OrioN

Dats correct!

Toot toot!