Grandpa Preloader

Dr Greg

Earlier this year I turned 52. That easily makes me the oldest pre-loader at the hub I work at and probably the only grandpa in hub as well. It made me wonder if I am the oldest preloader in the company. So I ask you: how old is the oldest preloader in your center?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
We have quite a few Preloaders in their 50s, and a handful in their 60s. They're represented in every job area (including the unload), but most like to work the small sort (separate & place packages through the "slaw" - or whatever it's called - machine) or clerk.

I think we're down to about three or four Preloaders hired in the 1970s now -- we had 15-20 when I started.

Marlin3030hntr

We've got one guy that works local sort that is on his late 50s early 60s grumpiest man in the world I swear my first day I did the air run ever I asked him where they wanted my internationals and he snaps at me with, they go at the end of the effing belt on that dock

ups hero

We have a guy in his early 60's , he's been there forever. He looks like Albert Einstein but talks like Sean Connery. He unloads. He is a great worker, still really fast. He is a really great guy too.

PT Car Washer

we have one loader who is 67..and a 22.3 sorter who is 65.

67 wins. 22.3 wins by a nose. I think. $30.00 an hour for a PT job with benefits is pretty hard to turn down. As long as you are still healthy. I hope to be top dog sometime. Have a Package Car driver turn in his papers the other day with 42 years in. Does not get cut any slack because of his age.

blkmamba

We have a guy loading trailers on the local sort who is 73. He comes know where close to the demanded 295 pph but likes to smirk and sarcastically tell supervisors that if they didn't think he was a good loader they should have let him go five years ago when he was hired. Plus he doesn't care since he retired from his other job and uses UPS as something to do.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
When I last did seasonal driving, I received a retired guy in his early 70s as my helper. He was slower than most helpers, and choose not to go out again. So they gave me Fat Albert. If you're going to give me slow helpers, at least give me a hot blond chick with big knockers....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not sure but we have a driver with more seniority than me (7 years) that collects a pension check from another job. He worked part time preload after that job. So he was up there with u at least.

quamba 638

We have a guy loading trailers on the local sort who is 73. He comes know where close to the demanded 295 pph but likes to smirk and sarcastically tell supervisors that if they didn't think he was a good loader they should have let him go five years ago when he was hired. Plus he doesn't care since he retired from his other job and uses UPS as something to do.

I could figure out a better way to spend my retirement then working PT at UPS, at the age of 73, for "something to do". Dang.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I could figure out a better way to spend my retirement then working PT at UPS, at the age of 73, for "something to do". Dang.

Welcome to Walmart!
Welcome to Walmart!
Welcome to Walmart!
Welcome to Walmart!
Welcome to Walmart!
Welcome to Walmart!
Welcome to Walmart!
(repeat one million times per day)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Lol we have a driver that it seems like gets fired every week. Had a steward tell me once. I told management " I know he sucks but you hired him now your stuck with him"