Grievance for over supervision

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Have any of you ever filled a grievance on over supervision Article 37 Section 1 (a)? We're you successful? What relief did you request? We have a new supervisor that is constantly micromanaging workers. We asked for retraining for them. When we brought up this issue to the Supervisor's manager, we were told "I'll talk to them". But nothing has changed

Thebrownblob

Have any of you ever filled a grievance on over supervision Article 37 Section 1 (a)? We're you successful? What relief did you request? We have a new supervisor that is constantly micromanaging workers. We asked for retraining for them. When we brought up this issue to the Supervisor's manager, we were told "I'll talk to them". But nothing has changed
Continue to file, those type of issues require a long paper trail. My experience is they usually just get moved.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They can watch you and boss all day and night if they want. What violations are they doing?

Thebrownblob

They can watch you and boss all day and night if they want. What violations are they doing?
1661114316256.png

Thebrownblob

What's overly? What's excessive? Not saying the sup is right but you need a solid case to win a grievance, no?

...It may be distracting for a supervisor to stand right next to you and watch what you are doing all shift, but it is their right as a supervisor...
These are extreme cases. And we have many supervisor moved. They won’t have to tell you that’s why, but in the background it is understood what happened. We even had a Center Manager remove from one building in our local both because of the number of harassment grievances and racial allegations. Paper trail paper trail. paper trail. standing and watching you one time? Sure, making it a point to do it every day or even weekly that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Literally used this on a belt supe this past Saturday when they offered me the option to help out on preload. His face was priceless.