Grievance pay

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
my grievances were not about money but on policy changes or harassment. almost won all of those.

the drivers loved me for that and that's better than money. the funny thing is , the center manager tried to talk me out of retiring. he said he liked me keeping him sharp.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
Just wondering what is everyone sitting at for year to date grievance pay. I'm a little over 5k ytd. Wondering what is considered a lot in different locals.
Out of the 50 grievances I've filed over 8 years at 2 different centers as a pt employee I've seen exactly $0.00. Package drivers on the other hand average several hundreds of dollars at every center level meeting due to mostly 9.5s. The last one (back in freakin May this year) one driver was awarded over $500.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
Never received grievance pay because I was never made aware of the process from my local. For any newbies joining though and planning to become a "lifer", here is some great info from Local 804. Unlike my local, they even have the grievance form posted online!

http://teamsterslocal804.org/story/make-ups-pay-supervisors-working
You guys should move to using grievtrac. I file grievances from my phone on the go. I file grievances while taking showers lol

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I got a check yesterday for a little over $1000 for Part Time supes working and FT supes shuttling packages. Easiest money I have ever made.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Am I the meanest?
Am I the prettiest?
Am I the baddest mother low down around this town?
125136_o.gif

It ain't Sho'nuff!

Shonuff

Love the "Last Dragon" Sho'nuff avatar.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1440191839.011225.jpg

'When some eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: 'Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail.'