Grievance weekly?

GenericUsername

friend it, file daily now. Go in a bit early and walk the building and document all the supervisors that are working and drivers working off the clock. Get that money.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
....file a grievance for what?
He has two threads about the same subject.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I’ve also been told not to keep filing a grievance weekly by my union steward?! Is that correct?
....file a grievance for what?
He has two threads about the same subject.

Ah....I remember now and do not believe a weekly (or daily) grievance is necessary.

I always have our members that file for a qualifying penalty pay Article 17 National Master grievance ($50 Ft/$25PT) file one single grievance when they no longer wish to work with management to rectify the shortage, starting the clock on penalty pay.

After the explaining the grievance in the body of the document we list in our claim that the remedy to be:

~"to be made whole in every way, including all applicable penalty pay going forward"~

or something like this.

20220129_071149.jpg

542thruNthru

Ah....I remember now and do not believe a weekly (or daily) grievance is necessary.

I always have our members that file for a qualifying penalty pay Article 17 National Master grievance ($50 Ft/$25PT) file one single grievance when they no longer wish to work with management to rectify the shortage, starting the clock on penalty pay.

After the explaining the grievance in the body of the document we list in our claim that the remedy to be:

~"to be made whole in every way, including all applicable penalty pay going forward"~

or something like this.

View attachment 370208
But you file this grievance each week your pay check is incorrect right?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
But you file this grievance each week your pay check is incorrect right?
I suppose if it were more than $50/$25 you could argue that each shortage was due a separate ongoing penalty.

....but good luck convincing a Panel on that notion as the weeks pile up due to a common underlying cause.

542thruNthru

I suppose if it were more than $50/$25 you could argue that each shortage was due a separate ongoing penalty.

....but good luck convincing a Panel on that notion as the weeks pile up due to a common underlying cause.
That's interesting. We always file a separate grievance for each week. Each grievance carries it's own penalty because it's a separate occasion.

Last year the company was continuing to use DQ cover driver's after peak. They were technically air drivers at that point because they were DQed and the time frame to use them was over. Each week they were still paid their cover driver rate instead of top rate for delivering ground. So they filed a grievance every week till they were paid the correct rate. They received penalty pay for each grievance. To my knowledge it never went to panel.