Grievance worthy?

Ouch

If you feel harassed talk to your steward. File 37, and 66 and all others that apply. Get it documented and I'm sure you have union brothers and sisters that will say they witnessed it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been with UPS for over 8 years. I've been working preload now for 3 of those years. I split and load 3 trucks as well as a TP60. I have zero problems with anyone...ever. Well, We've got a new building SUP this past week and I've had it!! He does nothing but yell and scream about no stacking, move faster, more intensity, no misloads. He walks up and down the belt telling everyone how messy their load is and how "I bet I can find a misload in that truck." We'll today he went so far as turning off the fans(S.Fla.)and shouting " if we don't want to sweat then move faster, finish and go home." WHAT??? Are you kidding me?? Are these actions necessary?? Are they even allowed? Can grievance be brought against this A-hole? I've NEVER filed one before but this guy is over the top!!
Ummmmm.....you're a loader, he's a sup. Except for the fans, he's doing his job. You can stack on the slide...no stacking outside the cars....it's a bad habit and an egress issue. Move faster? Ignore and keep your pace, turn up the volume on your ipod. Turning off fans? Turn it back on. I run my fan year round.....if for no other reason than to make my line sup freeze his butt off....lol.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It sounds to me like the sup is trying to make a name for himself by lighting a fire under your butts. Don't take it personally, do the job the way you were taught to do it and things will get back closer to normal after a few weeks or so.
You can do this or you can grow a set , stand up for yourself ,let it be known you are not a slave, or a child , and should be treated with dignity and respect and file on being treated with neither.(article 37 for your grievance paper)

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
You can do this or you can grow a set , stand up for yourself ,let it be known you are not a slave, or a child , and should be treated with dignity and respect and file on being treated with neither.(article 37 for your grievance paper)

What is he doing to not show dignity and respect? Did he disrespect you by turning off the fan? Wake up Joe Union.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
dignity and respect? Unlesd he is standing there calling you names or something....sups are allowed to tell you you need to move faster. You say okay, and move at the pace you feel is working safely.

FilingBluesFL

I know the fans are not meant to be a dedicated ventilation system. The fans are not a right, and are subject to the discretion of management.

I'm sure when it comes down to the health, safety, and well being of the employee's, they may find otherwise.

Make a phone call to OSHA, and have a discussion about workplace safety, and that you were uncomfortable, and close to passing out due to overheating.

I'm sure when people come by poking around with clipboards the fans will never be turned off again...

Inthegame

I know the fans are not meant to be a dedicated ventilation system. The fans are not a right, and are subject to the discretion of management.
Actually the fans are dedicated to provide relief for the employees. There is not a panel anywhere that would agree with this supervisors tactics.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Increase your water and increase trips to the rest room !! No fans ?? Sup should 'expect the unexpected " and you are "adjusting to changing conditions " because you are " aware of your surroundings" !!!

Oldbugs

Ha ha!!! Today he had an AIRHORN!!!!! He'd walk by and give you a lil blast!! " just keeping you on your toes, lol" this guys out of his gourd! I had a talk with the building sup about him, we'll see how Monday goes.

PT Car Washer

Creative supervision. Is this PT or FT sup? If his numbers increase he will receive a big pat on the back and a well done. Then every sup will be issued an air horn. It's up to you.

upschuck

Ha ha!!! Today he had an AIRHORN!!!!! He'd walk by and give you a lil blast!! " just keeping you on your toes, lol" this guys out of his gourd! I had a talk with the building sup about him, we'll see how Monday goes.
Creative supervision. Is this PT or FT sup? If his numbers increase he will receive a big pat on the back and a well done. Then every sup will be issued an air horn. It's up to you.
It would take me at least a half hour to recuperate from that to get back to speed. Don't encourage bad behavior.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
next time,,give him a blast!! grab your ears,and chest ,then go into the fetal position on the floor and yell out Nervous Breakdown till the big shots show up !!! Teach this little Baztard a lesson !!!

Oldbugs

next time,,give him a blast!! grab your ears,and chest ,then go into the fetal position on the floor and yell out Nervous Breakdown till the big shots show up !!! Teach this little Baztard a lesson !!!

Man you guys are killin me! lol Your funny :censored2: comments are all the comic relief I need!! Thanks!