Grievance worthy?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's January....flavors of the week start. Whenever the number of off routes gets too high in one of our centers....the Preload Manager will ban ipods and radios for a week.

PT Car Washer

No radios, no coffee or soft drinks allowed outside of break time, no bathroom breaks outside of break time, no talking, anything else I'm missing? All this for $8.50 an hour and 3 1/2 hours a day.

PT Car Washer

You are not hitting your production numbers. Perhaps if you would come in 20 minutes before your start time and pull your cages it would help. Off the clock of course. You are a good worker and we want to keep you, but only if you can hit your numbers.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Mr. Casey must be rolling in his grave after the way these morons ran the show this peak !!! They should all be getting warning letters and a "desk a long ojs' lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You are not hitting your production numbers. Perhaps if you would come in 20 minutes before your start time and pull your cages it would help. Off the clock of course. You are a good worker and we want to keep you, but only if you can hit your numbers.
lol yeah...I'll be right there. BB58 doesn't work for free....I don't care how backed up my slide is, I will sit there....and point and laugh until my start time. Their PPH numbers mean nothing to me....only numbers that I care about are the ones on my paycheck.

joey h

Call the 1800 number on him I work in Tampa fl this would not happen in our building seek out hr & call for it can be on record & file a blue

Kirtus

I've been with UPS for over 8 years. I've been working preload now for 3 of those years. I split and load 3 trucks as well as a TP60. I have zero problems with anyone...ever. Well, We've got a new building SUP this past week and I've had it!! He does nothing but yell and scream about no stacking, move faster, more intensity, no misloads. He walks up and down the belt telling everyone how messy their load is and how "I bet I can find a misload in that truck." We'll today he went so far as turning off the fans(S.Fla.)and shouting " if we don't want to sweat then move faster, finish and go home." WHAT??? Are you kidding me?? Are these actions necessary?? Are they even allowed? Can grievance be brought against this A-hole? I've NEVER filed one before but this guy is over the top!!

That reminds me of the preload full time sup at my hub. Yells at everyone and threatens to send people home early for going slow. I used to double shift but quit because of aggro sup.

One time the sup yelled at me to hurry up while I was crossing the street to enter the building. I haven't even clocked in yet. That was the last straw.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
One time the sup yelled at me to hurry up while I was crossing the street to enter the building. I haven't even clocked in yet. That was the last straw.
If I were a part timer about to double and heard that I would have turned around and gone home.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
You really are an obnoxious troll.

I am not a troll. I justify my post with this response:

The supervisor was doing his job running the operation. He didn't belittle the poster, or harass him, call him names, etc. He said hurry up. It's his job to make sure his operation is a well oiled machine. Would you rather the supervisor do the union work while the poster takes his time getting into the building? I think not.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I am not a troll. I justify my post with this response:

The supervisor was doing his job running the operation. He didn't belittle the poster, or harass him, call him names, etc. He said hurry up. It's his job to make sure his operation is a well oiled machine. Would you rather the supervisor do the union work while the poster takes his time getting into the building? I think not.
Wrong. The employee wasn't on the clock and wasn't even on property.

J

jibbs

Wrong. The employee wasn't on the clock and wasn't even on property.

And if this was said before start time then it's likely to irritate. A supervisor wants to joke around with his employees off the clock, that's cool, but don't be surprised when your employees find it hard to forget that it's their boss talking :censored2: to them even though they're off the clock.

People are petty, and we tend not to forget.