Grievances in other locals

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I was talking to a guy yesterday who was from a neighboring state, different local. While we were talking, he had mentioned that he was going to file a grievance for an incident that happened 8 days ago. I told him that he was too late since we only had 5 working days to file and 10 to file against discipline.

His grievance was not discipline related so he should have only 5 days in the Central. He goes on to tell me that where he is (also Central), he has 10 working days. I'm not a steward so I really didn't want to misspeak but I think he is SOL. He is still a rookie with about a year under his belt.

Anyone else have different time frames in their local that are also in Central?

5day.jpg

This is from the Central Supplement

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Southern I believe is 10 working days for all.
Other supplements are all over the board with timeframes. I'm more curious about the other locals in the Central. I haven't filed a grievance in over a year I think, so I might very well be wrong on the timeframes. I thought it was 10 days also but then there was an incident in our building and the driver got the grievance tossed because it was untimely If I remember correctly, he filed around 9-10 days.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I was talking to a guy yesterday who was from a neighboring state, different local. While we were talking, he had mentioned that he was going to file a grievance for an incident that happened 8 days ago. I told him that he was too late since we only had 5 working days to file and 10 to file against discipline.

His grievance was not discipline related so he should have only 5 days in the Central. He goes on to tell me that where he is (also Central), he has 10 working days. I'm not a steward so I really didn't want to misspeak but I think he is SOL. He is still a rookie with about a year under his belt.

View attachment 260124
He probably has a local rider that has different language

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Other supplements are all over the board with timeframes. I'm more curious about the other locals in the Central. I haven't filed a grievance in over a year I think, so I might very well be wrong on the timeframes. I thought it was 10 days also but then there was an incident in our building and the driver got the grievance tossed because it was untimely If I remember correctly, he filed around 9-10 days.

Five days here also. Had someone lose a grievance this week at panel because they waited too long

oldngray

nowhere special
Why wait. If you are going to file, then file immediately. No need in waiting a week or 10 days.
Maybe wait a day or two to have time to talk to management and see if they will correct the problem before filing a grievance. No reason to wait longer.

19 days for a grievance and also 19 days to issue a warning letter here.

542thruNthru

View attachment 260124

You sure he's central states? Half the states around you are also Western. MT ID UT. I can't remember if CO is.