Grievances / supervisors doing the heavy lifting

I have only been with the company, now, 3 weeks as a preloader.

Today, Monday, we had about 1/4 our regular work force, due to it being Monday, and about 10 out of the 35 not even showing up, and about 10 of those leaving a few hours in (we started 2 hours earlier than normal).

Our source stickers came in labeled from the 20th (Saturday) half with saturday sources, the others as normal. No one told us if we were packaging predated, so everyone ended up sending it down the conveyor.

The half hour mark, they started sending them all back, saying they were all for today.

After that, they moved all 3 of my trucks to different places and gave me different trucks, further burying me in packages.

The split line at the conveyor stopped splitting, and all the above, plus this made the packages just fall off the conveyors.

Add to that, all of my MFL sources got pulled d sent to the next truck. Who did the pulling? Me.

It was chaotic, and instead of moving laborers around, one of the supervisors came in and started handling one of my trucks. Eventually, i was stuck inside of one of my trucks, and had no way out, as packages kept taking up the dock that allowed me out.

Several guys who watched it happen told me to file 3 grievances, a process i am completely new to.

1 against the supervisor for not bringing in an additional laborer for the truck the supervisor handled themselves

1 for not telling us of the sources that were prelabeled

1 for not getting someone to remove the wall that blocked me in there.

Im just curious what everyone with an opinion feels about this.

I believe this is a recommendation to not for a grievance, as my post is not actually one of complaint, but for understanding why OTHERS told me to file a grievance, which is precisely the opinions that i asked for...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have only been with the company, now, 3 weeks as a preloader.

Today, Monday, we had about 1/4 our regular work force, due to it being Monday, and about 10 out of the 35 not even showing up, and about 10 of those leaving a few hours in (we started 2 hours earlier than normal).

Our source stickers came in labeled from the 20th (Saturday) half with saturday sources, the others as normal. No one told us if we were packaging predated, so everyone ended up sending it down the conveyor.

The half hour mark, they started sending them all back, saying they were all for today.

After that, they moved all 3 of my trucks to different places and gave me different trucks, further burying me in packages.

The split line at the conveyor stopped splitting, and all the above, plus this made the packages just fall off the conveyors.

Add to that, all of my MFL sources got pulled d sent to the next truck. Who did the pulling? Me.

It was chaotic, and instead of moving laborers around, one of the supervisors came in and started handling one of my trucks. Eventually, i was stuck inside of one of my trucks, and had no way out, as packages kept taking up the dock that allowed me out.

Several guys who watched it happen told me to file 3 grievances, a process i am completely new to.

1 against the supervisor for not bringing in an additional laborer for the truck the supervisor handled themselves

1 for not telling us of the sources that were prelabeled

1 for not getting someone to remove the wall that blocked me in there.

Im just curious what everyone with an opinion feels about this.
r u union yet are you

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
You're still in your 30 days so I wouldn't file anything. Your sups are humans too just like you and can be reasonable. If you feel like you were wronged then confront them in a respectful and business like manner.

Trust me I've seen a lot of stupid :censored2: happen on the preload all you can do is get paid by the hour and joke about it.

Jkloc420

You're still in your 30 days so I wouldn't file anything. Your sups are humans too just like you and can be reasonable. If you feel like you were wronged then confront them in a respectful and business like manner.

Trust me I've seen a lot of stupid :censored2: happen on the preload all you can do is get paid by the hour and joke about it.
he cant file because he isnt in the union, plus he is still training. However it is unsafe what the supervisor did.

Jkloc420

The "union" is an outdated system...

I've never filed a grievance and when I have a legit problem I approach my center manager and he takes care of it.
i have never filed either, but dont be fooled. If it comes down to you or a sup, the sup is protected themselves

I was told by the several individuals, including the steward, that i was in the union the day i started working (i have a union card, i just don't receive the pension/benefits, etc, yet

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
he cant file because he isnt in the union, plus he is still training. However it is unsafe what the supervisor did.

He can file but I don't think he should, it is unsafe you are right. If he felt that it was too unsafe then confront your sup, if that doesn't work then you go higher up.

Nobody is each others friend here and we've all got a job to do, but showing respectful concern from my experience is generally reward with a respectful resolution. The management tend to act like hard hard asses here but if you work hard and show respect then you get it right back

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
He can file but I don't think he should, it is unsafe you are right. If he felt that it was too unsafe then confront your sup, if that doesn't work then you go higher up.

Nobody is each others friend here and we've all got a job to do, but showing respectful concern from my experience is generally reward with a respectful resolution. The management tend to act like hard hard asses here but if you work hard and show respect then you get it right back

Unless you're a driver... Those dudes are in a totally different boat and I pity every single one of you. My management while I was a driver can burn

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If too many people call out management can work if the union has been notified. Your post was hard to follow but it sounds like you were understaffed because of people calling in and leaving early. Correct?

Aren't the other items handled by the safety person? When I was in the hub all we had to do was threaten to get the safety lady and management would fix the problem. She made things happen when it came to egress or anything safety related.

I'm sure it's different from building to building.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Seriously with all the insults that have been said on this forum you delete hehe xds post?

He can repost it under his other name Jkloc420. Way too many posting similarities for them not to be the same guy. If they aren't the same person they we're separated at birth...

Can a moderator check IP addresses?

hehe xd

lol Rick is so dillusional... sysadmins have access to my IP they know I'm in FL. not my fault I speak up to the old crabby men. also funny how you guys cry to mods but are the first ones to talk trash

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
lol Rick is so dillusional... sysadmins have access to my IP they know I'm in FL. not my fault I speak up to the old crabby men. also funny how you guys cry to mods but are the first ones to talk trash

I didn't cry to a mod, I was just curious if you are posting under multiple names.

hehe xd

well I'm not. I wouldn't seethe point I. that to be honest. and I don't comment on weekends so that should be proof assuming he's a 7 day troll