Ground/Home delivery tracking numbers

thedownhillEXPRESS

Weren't Home Deliveries tracking numbers basically the same as Grounds, meaning REAL long?

I just noticed today a Home Delivery tracking number with 16 digits, looked identical to Express.

Am I late to this game or did they sneak this part of the "big switchover" when no one was looking?

STFXG

The long ones are the new style. Short ones are being phased out. Ground/hd are the same length for the old style. Ground/hd/express are the same for the new style.

HomeDelivery

i was delivering to a business that had an express envelope on the counter...

after the secretary signed for my parcel & i close out, i was curious & tried to scan the envelope... nope barcode not compatible (yet)

overflowed

i was delivering to a business that had an express envelope on the counter...

after the secretary signed for my parcel & i close out, i was curious & tried to scan the envelope... nope barcode not compatible (yet)

Oh, its compatible all right. We can scan yours but only through a drop box pup. I've done it and then backed out and left it in there. They're just aren't allowing you guys to.

bbsam

Staff member
It would be illegal for the company to allow that to be scanned on the pickup side. I would be interested to see if it could be scanned as a delivery.

CJinx

We use the same bar code, phasing in the same terminology, using the same tech, and Ground recently restructured the job titles to mirror operations positions in Express. Hm...

TUT

Both are 12 digits long and work under the Express sequence. I know, we are in the process of converting all. Without the conspiracy part, from my perspective it makes sense having one sequence of tracking # for all services. All the other carriers work that way. All part of the plan of making all service work and look the same, I reckon.

TUT

I'm confused----MFE has stated repeatedly that the Express job is too difficult for these ground/hd scammers----how in the world will they be able to scan Express packges?

I confused, I thought you retired from the cafe? Just sayin... there's a lot of confusion out there. Tip 1 for forum'ers: "Don't be so dramatic, never say good bye, because well you don't need to and we don't care, it really isn't all about you".

MaineGroundDriver

Express scanners can scan the new Ground labels .. but not vice-versa .. maybe everyone has been wrong the last year and really Ground is being phased out .. bahaha