Ground on Saturday

earlcl44

Why don't we deliver some ground on Saturdays this time of year? I understand that most drivers may be over the dot limit, but for those who aren't, why isn't that option thrown out there to catch up some? Maybe a 4 hour work day? I know, in my hub the preload works an extra shift Friday nights.

BrownChoice

Usually theyll upgrade some 2DA or sometimes 3DA (which is considered ground) and do pickups.. Thats all ive ever seen em do round here

barnyard

KTM rider
I would be surprised if there are enough in my center with hours left on Saturday to make it worthwhile. When I was an air driver, there were a couple of years that we went through package cars and grabbed any 2 day and 1 day saver send agains and delivered those.

satellitedriver

I worked this Saturday delivering ground and air for the first time in 27yrs, and, scheduled to work next Sat.
Cool with me,
just more money for me to bank.
This is my last Peak, so bring it on.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Even if they say I have to work, this guy ain't working!!! Already talked to the BA and he told me they can't do anything if I just don't show up. I already have a doctor's appointment and family events scheduled. Neither will be missed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will work, if asked, which would allow a younger driver to stay home with his family.

Maple Grove, I noticed you disagreed with my post. Are you saying that I should only care about myself and screw my younger co-workers, who may have young kids they would like to spend time with? My son is 26---he will go snowboarding and we would hang out that evening.

oldupsman

I will work, if asked, which would allow a younger driver to stay home with his family.

I did that near the end of my career Upstate. Used to stay out late Christmas Eve too. Let the young guys with small
kids go home to their families. At that stage of the game I didn't care about working late anyway. Knew the end
of the road was near. Just kept maxing out the 401.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We will be working this Saturday and Sunday maybe for special pick ups. Gonna be interesting how Sunday goes with the dot reset.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Maple Grove, I noticed you disagreed with my post. Are you saying that I should only care about myself and screw my younger co-workers, who may have young kids they would like to spend time with? My son is 26---he will go snowboarding and we would hang out that evening.
You being such a nice person is not going to get you anywhere. You are the only one that matters. Be selfish and do not care about anyone else. UPS does not care about you.

I am a single guy and all I care about myself and no one else at work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You being such a nice person is not going to get you anywhere. You are the only one that matters. Be selfish and do not care about anyone else. UPS does not care about you.

I am a single guy and all I care about myself and no one else at work.

I am a single guy with older kids who remembers what it was like when the kids were much younger and guys like you would make sure they had the day off.

Indecisi0n

I am a single guy with older kids who remembers what it was like when the kids were much younger and guys like you would make sure they had the day off.

Single? What would your cat think of this post?

MAD-CAT1.jpg