Ground on Saturday?

supaalex

Anyone in southwest region have an update on how this is working out? Are they making utility drivers (full time drivers with no routes) or cover drivers (drivers who cover vacation sick jury etc ) come in Saturday?

They put up a bid sheet for tue-sat shift. as long as they fill the slots they need, they will not have to force any original drivers off the mon-fri.. at least thats the intention, only time will tell

ManInBrown

I wonder what the divorced driver with kids does when forced to work Saturdays? Do you not see the kids?
It's terrible. Lots of lives are going to be affected by this. As much as I hate it, and pray that I don't have to switch, I can't blame UPS. They're doing what they feel they have to do, to keep up with the competition. It is what it is

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's terrible. Lots of lives are going to be affected by this. As much as I hate this, and pray that I don't have to switch, I can't blame UPS. They're doing what they gotta do, to keep up with the competition. It is what it is
That's why I say use Saturday only part time.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
View attachment 81304 if you deliver ground on
Saturday are you supposed to be paid ground rate? Or it depends since you have no way of knowing if it was upgraded or not somewhere through the system?

It has nothing to do with what I delivered today I was just wondering. Someone left their manifest in the truck I used for pickups and was wondering.

Thanks
If you look a little closer, you will see there is no ground. It sucks that Sat. Ground is being started though

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That's why I say use Saturday only part time.

I agree. I really wish they could figure something like that out. Something tells me they won't. UPS and common sense, don't go well together

The last thing we need is more part time jobs.
Our BA told us the union wanted Saturday ground drivers. Would be a way for PTers to be on a que list for package cars in a way. UPS would not budge off 20$ an hour max for "special Saturday" rate. So the union had no choice but to put FT drivers in the mix.