Ground taking our Nike p2

phxaz

I work for express Ground taking all our Nike p2. Also we have 4 out of town routes that have been contracted out for the past year. Starting Monday Fdx Freight will be running the routes.

phxaz

Yes rtd... used to run one of the out of town routes, short drivers so keep me in city and contract my route out for past year. Drivers get trained then leave.

MAKAVELI

Yes rtd... used to run one of the out of town routes, short drivers so keep me in city and contract my route out for past year. Drivers get trained then leave.
Yep. That's happening all over the country. You might want to look at other opportunities elsewhere. FedEx is circling the drain.

phxaz

Turn 62 this month will see what happens by first of year. When I was in Phx I talked to a FedEx freight driver that was around the time Freight was merging with one of the other companies I think it was great and National were merging so it's business as usual for FedEx they were hiring up until the time that they decided to lay off drivers the FedEx freight driver told me they were drivers there that had only been there a week and they got laid off

phxaz

I will see how it goes with freight pulling our contracted routes and the impact ground has taking our Nike P2. I work at a big station with over 100 drivers and just the change with ground pulling our Nike they're going to cancel about 50 pulls. Nike has five warehouses here. Please post anything that's happening in your area as far as the transition from Express to ground or Freight

Aquaman

I will see how it goes with freight pulling our contracted routes and the impact ground has taking our Nike P2. I work at a big station with over 100 drivers and just the change with ground pulling our Nike they're going to cancel about 50 pulls. Nike has five warehouses here. Please post anything that's happening in your area as far as the transition from Express to ground or Freight
Express managers are costing this company a fortune by being lazy & contracting. My station contracts about 12 routes a day… all costing about $1,500 per run…. That’s $18,000 a day… 6 days a week makes it $108,000 a week. We’ve been doing this over a year. It’s more that $5.6 million dollars a year. To have unreliable drivers, the company can’t control, moving their freight. That’s the hole this place has dug itself. We tried the FedEx Freight gimmick for a while too. Didn’t work. They needed their own drivers just as bad. It’s a complete mess. Freight was hiring in at top pay for a while in my area and Express is going to have to try something similar. Top out all RTD’s… period. That’s what it’s gonna take.

zeev

Lots of contractors running bulk pickups and station runs but no heavyweight yet, huge turnover in Motown.

Empty Pockets

Dude, they have been given the pm LIT and a few BHM routes as well.

Artee

You need to tell Lauren V to stay in Phoenix. We are fully staffed here.