Grunting

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I was watching a show on Netflix called Weird Wonders of the World and this guy drove a wooden stake/staab about 2 feet in the ground and started rubbing it with an iron bar.

I knew immediately what he was doing ... it's called grunting.
I use to do this in a friend's yard where he had a 20 x 30 (approx) where he his father had dug and rotored the ground up and put mulch and real black dirt.
He took all his left over bait earthworms and threw them in the bed.

Whenever, we needed bait for fishing, drive a stake in the ground and rub the stick with the back of a shovel and the earthworms came up to the surface.
The we would pick up a couple dozen and head off to the fishing hole.

The earthworm's bed also made great potting soil.

Anyone else did this?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The video is filmed in Tate's Hell outside Apalachicola, FL where I have been filming once.
Worse damn place for mosquito's and biting flies I have ever been in.
Therefore, only once.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was watching a show on Netflix called Weird Wonders of the World and this guy drove a wooden stake/staab about 2 feet in the ground and started rubbing it with an iron bar.

I use to do this in a friend's yard where he had a 20 x 30 (approx) where he his father had dug and rotored the ground up and put mulch and real black dirt.

Whenever, we needed bait for fishing, drive a stake in the ground and rub the stick with the back of a shovel and the earthworms came up to the surface.

Anyone else did this?

Pay $2.50 at the gas station for a big container of them like a normal person. Smh.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Anyone else did this?

Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe already did an episode on grunting.

TTKU, OMJ.