Guantanamo

tieguy

Banned
Looks like Obama has a plan to get all the hard core terrorists released from Guantanamo:

I know I'll be sleeping better knowing those wack jobs are back on the streets.

chev

Nightcrawler
Looks like Obama has a plan to get all the hard core terrorists released from Guantanamo:

I know I'll be sleeping better knowing those whack jobs are back on the streets.
You beat me to it tie. :peaceful:
Saw this story last night fro a different source. I still don't understand how we are going to afford them the same rights as a US citizen by giving them a criminal trial. Isn't this supposed to be taken care of in the military courts?

pat,pat,pat on the wrist. Now be good from now on and we will let you go. We are so sorry that you are a terrorist. It's all our fault. Let use make you feel better---Libs

mikestrek

Looks like Rush Limbaugh and his Ditto heads (TIEGUY) ARE makeing up stories again and President-Elect Obama isn't even President yet. :happy-very:

coolio19ct

freshbrown
Acutally the U.S. Supreme Court found the Military Commissions Act (trial by military commission) to be unconstitutional. Therefore the enemy combatants are elegible for Habeas Corpus. Who knows....this house bill probably states that all enemy combatants receive blueberry pancakes on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. It sure is hard to keep up with our government lately.

av8torntn

Looks like Rush Limbaugh and his Ditto heads (TIEGUY) ARE makeing up stories again and President-Elect Obama isn't even President yet. :happy-very:

Nobody is making up a story. Obama promised during his campaign to close the prison at gitmo. He is now likely preparing to follow through on this promise. I would look for an executive order in late January or early February. One question I wonder if he decides to put them through US courts will they all be let off due to the fact they did not receive a speedy trial?

tieguy

Banned
You beat me to it tie. :peaceful:
Saw this story last night fro a different source. I still don't understand how we are going to afford them the same rights as a US citizen by giving them a criminal trial. Isn't this supposed to be taken care of in the military courts?

pat,pat,pat on the wrist. Now be good from now on and we will let you go. We are so sorry that you are a terrorist. It's all our fault. Let use make you feel better---Libs

Agreed my feeling is many of them may be let loose rather then our jeopardizing our intelligence sources in order to prosecute them.

chev

Nightcrawler
Acutally the U.S. Supreme Court found the Military Commissions Act (trial by military commission) to be unconstitutional. Therefore the enemy combatants are elegible for Habeas Corpus. Who knows....this house bill probably states that all enemy combatants receive blueberry pancakes on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. It sure is hard to keep up with our government lately.

Why are we talking unconstitutional when our constitution should not apply to them? It blows my mind that they are given any rights under our laws.

I see mike is making yet another stupid attack post again......lame

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If they are to go before US courts, which state would that be in ?
I need to know.
And if they are found innocent, do they walk out of that courthouse onto our streets freemen ? Just what we need running loose inside the country ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nobody is making up a story. Obama promised during his campaign to close the prison at gitmo. He is now likely preparing to follow through on this promise. I would look for an executive order in late January or early February. One question I wonder if he decides to put them through US courts will they all be let off due to the fact they did not receive a speedy trial?

Wouldn't surprise me if these detainees are released back to the custody of other interested governments prior to Jan 20th.

But then again, "Why?" let Obama and the Dems do what they say and then see how the resulting mess plays out in the political fray.

av8torntn

Wouldn't surprise me if these detainees are released back to the custody of other interested governments prior to Jan 20th.

It would not surprise me if that is what they said happened to the poor terrorists at gitmo. :happy-very:

I wonder if Bush could get around the law by returning these upstanding citizens of the world back to the battlefield.

paidslave

Great Idea! As we know the Terrorist in the White House is leaving soon. For a minute I don't believe Obama doens't have these enemys. It was George Senior and baby that created these scumbags!

Besides how many are even AL Queda?....I thought we already caught the 911 assasins! We need to hunt down Bin laden, the mastermind..Remeber he is in Ahfganistan!

If they are Islamic extremist he could be making a mistake!

The article states that some will be charged and some will be released!

What's the problem?

av8torntn

Hey Guys,

Well, they traced obamas family history and on his moms side, They are from Ireland. Seriously.

An Ireland band wrote a song to show there pride.

Seriously, Check it out.

:peaceful:

What does that have to do with Gitmo? Did you post this on every thread? Are you that bands promoter or something? Seriously.

mikestrek

What does that have to do with Gitmo? Did you post this on every thread? Are you that bands promoter or something? Seriously.

Well AV8TORTN, The first post read "OBAMA has a plan to get all the hard core terrorists released"

Well, That's a joke. Correct.

Just adding to the joke. :happy-very:

mikestrek

Great Idea! As we know the Terrorist in the White House is leaving soon. For a minute I don't believe Obama doens't have these enemys. It was George Senior and baby that created these scumbags!

Besides how many are even AL Queda?....I thought we already caught the 911 assasins! We need to hunt down Bin laden, the mastermind..Remeber he is in Ahfganistan!

If they are Islamic extremist he could be making a mistake!

The article states that some will be charged and some will be released!

What's the problem?
PAIDSLAVE, I AM SO GLAD YOU COULD CLEAR THINGS UP FOR THESE GUYS

Good comment. :happy-very:

tourists24

It's amazing how some people will defend the real terrorists til the end, yet in the same breath demonize George Bush as a terrorist himself.

Are you guys even American?

mikestrek

It's amazing how some people will defend the real terrorists til the end, yet in the same breath demonize George Bush as a terrorist himself.

Are you guys even American?
UMM TOURISTS24?? Wasn't it McCAINS crowd calling President-Elect Obama a terrorist, and Muslim and remember the "Crazy lady" at McCains rally that called President-Elect Obama an ARAB.

Who's calling who names? :happy-very:

tourists24

UMM TOURISTS24?? Wasn't it McCAINS crowd calling President-Elect Obama a terrorist, and Muslim and remember the "Crazy lady" at McCains rally that called President-Elect Obama an ARAB.

Who's calling who names? :happy-very:
yep,,, whack job individuals on both sides but my statement still stands. Disgusting how some will defend the REAL terrorists all day long, but Bush is the devil incarnate

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The term "ditto-heads" was coined by Rush and his listeners. It's self applied and they're proud of it, so it's not really name calling.