Guaranteed 8

CitizenTruth

I have seen people on here say that FT drivers are guaranteed 8 hrs a day. The bottom 5 seniority drivers at my center have to call in every morning to see if they are working. Can someone on here explain to me and help me to understand how we are guaranteed 8 hrs of work if there are not enough routes running for all the FT drivers to be driving?
Are you a book driver?
I have seen people on here say that FT drivers are guaranteed 8 hrs a day. The bottom 5 seniority drivers at my center have to call in every morning to see if they are working. Can someone on here explain to me and help me to understand how we are guaranteed 8 hrs of work if there are not enough routes running for all the FT drivers to be driving?
If your a book driver you DO NOT need to call in anywhere to see if your working you show up and they have to find work for you, and yes your guaranteed 8 if nobody went home they would have to then post a layoff list with at least 24 hours notice noo way a book driver needs to call in

1989NW

B
Are you a book driver?

If your a book driver you DO NOT need to call in anywhere to see if your working you show up and they have to find work for you, and yes your guaranteed 8 if nobody went home they would have to then post a layoff list with at least 24 hours notice noo way a book driver needs to call in
Book driver? I am a FT cover driver. I do not have a bid route.

The problem today is twofold.

A. The new guys do not want to learn new routes

B. Mgmt will not put these guys on routes cold unless absolutely necessary.
I do more routes in my first 30 days than 10 drivers above me. and after a year, the most in the center.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
FT cover drivers are guaranteed to work every day.

That's going to depend on your supplement.

In the Central Region, the top 90% are guaranteed 40 hours for the week.

Bid or cover driver.... it doesn't matter. The 10% drivers are only guaranteed 8 hours

if put to work. Any driver with a posted start time (and not put to work) is

entitled to 6 hours of show-up pay. And.... there is no On-Call status.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
there is no On-Call status.
Yet the Company schedules the bottom 10% (and more) as "On-Call" weekly.

Sad thing is, due to the advent of TeamCare and it's weekly contribution requirements, the premise of "On-Call" has never had more traction, nor has the Company had more leverage in it's practice.

What's the alternative, unemployment and COBRA, since the Company maintains the position that we can't bump into the sorts due to our Local Seniority Application?
We still have dozens of drivers laid off daily, many only working on Saturdays.

Some of my Local Officials have actually told us "that it's the best thing for all involved".

Bill L would be rolling over in....wherever he is....if he knew this was becoming an accepted practice in our state.

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's insane. Do you have a rider that replaces CRT Art 3, Sec 6?
That's the Company's position (I don't agree), while the Local does nothing to fight it.

The Local has maintained that our Local Seniority Application will not be reopened during this contact negotiation cycle.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yet the Company schedules the bottom 10% (and more) as "On-Call" weekly.

Sad thing is, due to the advent of TeamCare and it's weekly contribution requirements, the premise of "On-Call" has never had more traction, nor has the Company had more leverage in it's practice.

My first reaction, would be to just lay them off so they could bump inside.

the Company maintains the position that we can't bump into the sorts due to our Local Seniority Application?

I've seen Local Seniority language, work in favor of the members.

But, I respect Local autonomy.

-Bug-

Inthegame

That's the Company's position (I don't agree), while the Local does nothing to fight it.

The Local has maintained that our Local Seniority Application will not be reopened during this contact negotiation cycle.
That SUCKS! We encourage every non-scheduled (no friend'n on-call BS recognised) FT to bump inside immediately. Often work is found in the FT ranks the following week especially if feeder driver are bumping in.