Guard shack is just for show

BrownTruckWannabe

I usually just walk on by with my temporary ID out and they wave me through. No way they could read it or make out the picture. Then when I leave sometimes I just leave everything in my pockets because even if I set off the metal detector they let me through. I started a week ago. I could just be any :censored2: with a printed laminated card and I could be walking out with anything. Is this normal for UPS?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Meh... I go over to my old center at 10pm to handle DVIRS when both of their mechs are gone occasionally. Last time I went all doors were open (as usual) and there was NOBODY there. Help yourself criminal types. No fence. No guard shack.

MendozaJ

I wouldn't last two weeks in that box. 10x15 shack under fluorescent lighting day and night. I don't know why people give them problems. That's gotta be the worst job at UPS. I have about five pockets on my backpack. I only open the main one. I don't need a TSA search to feel safe at work. The tightest security is when the iphones are released. They are there to prevent theft, not murder.