Guess who is working on Labor Day ?

WTFm8

Did you mean UPSF (UPS freight) ?

Calling them feeder drivers.... is not something you say out loud.

Yea. IDK what to call them, so many weird terms. 24’ box truck called a moose, semi drivers for hub/sorts called feeders, fogured they were called same lol

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
How do mileage runs work on a Holiday? Double the mileage rate?

We get 1.5x for mileage and any TA time you would get. I run sleeper coverage on 6th day and holiday's occasionally, it's like $1.32 per mile for your half of the mileage, that includes your per diem. It's not life changing money, usually $7-800 for that day.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Worma ran a sort today also. We had feeders out today and yesterday.

This is what killed me about all the package guys crying about being forced to work Saturday delivery, which caused our thoughtful and fearless union leaders to gift the 22.4 jobs to the company.

There are sorts and feeder drivers working almost every day of the year. I know everyone would like Saturdays off. If you are being forced it's because you lack the current seniority...eventually you will have the juice to work the schedule you want.

For some reason package drivers think they are special and should never have to work a Saturday which opened the door for this POS contract to be forced down our throats.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I posted a few months back that USPS was delivering on Memorial Day in my neighborhood, to me that is a day that should never be worked.

ManInBrown

This is what killed me about all the package guys crying about being forced to work Saturday delivery, which caused our thoughtful and fearless union leaders to gift the 22.4 jobs to the company.

There are sorts and feeder drivers working almost every day of the year. I know everyone would like Saturdays off. If you are being forced it's because you lack the current seniority...eventually you will have the juice to work the schedule you want.

For some reason package drivers think they are special and should never have to work a Saturday which opened the door for this POS contract to be forced down our throats.
Yeah I was shocked when I moved to Feeders that we basically work every holiday. Thank god the 177 is a very strong local and working is totally voluntary. Can’t be forced. Just like my last peak in package we couldn’t be forced to work Saturday even when they upped the hours to 70. 177 is a good local. I knew feeders was a 7 day a week operation but didn’t know they ran jobs on holidays.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Get used to it. You lazy drivers don't need no day off
0CFF556A-3E8C-4F3A-A270-8A3D141D2C75.gif

Aww... sounds like someone is wasting their life away in management...