Guess who's going into the pharmacy business?

bacha29

Earlier today Bezos announced that he's going into the pharmacy business filling and delivering prescription drugs. The announcement is music to the ears of drug hounds everywhere. Delivery vans which are already a tasty target for armed robbers just got a whole lot tastier. I pity the poor slug who's going to be out there after dark on some back country road or crime infested neighborhood when the entire world knows that he carrying prescription strength drugs

Good god, man! You're just asking for it!

vantexan

Earlier today Bezos announced that he's going into the pharmacy business filling and delivering prescription drugs. The announcement is music to the ears of drug hounds everywhere. Delivery vans which are already a tasty target for armed robbers just got a whole lot tastier. I pity the poor slug who's going to be out there after dark on some back country road or crime infested neighborhood when the entire world knows that he carrying prescription strength drugs

FedEx delivers prescription strength drugs.

bacha29

Earlier today Bezos announced that he's going into the pharmacy business and delivering prescription drugs. The announcement is to the ears of drug hounds everywhere. Delivery vans which are already a tasty target for armed robbers just got a whole lot tastier. I pity the poor slug who's going to be out there after dark on some back country or crime infested neighborhood when the entire world knows that he carrying prescription strength drugs

And they're likely to have a whole lot more of them on board along with a much broader public knowledge of the fact that he's carrying them especially if the chances of him having more prescription strength opiates and NSAID"S on board increases. A drug store on wheels.

AB831

Does Fat Freddy know about this? I’m sure he’ll have a Frontline video next month about how FedEx is ramping up its focus on pharmacies with a new 3 AM delivery time that is sure to beat Amazon to the punch!

bacha29

Up here, we have dedicated, climate controlled trucks that, that's the entire route, delivering medication to pharmacies.
Based on the press release it would appear that his plan is to fill and deliver prescription strength medications to individual homes. If it turns out to be as successful and overwhelmingly received as most of his other ventures it will mean a lot more juicy drugs will be on board and rip for robbery.

vantexan

Based on the press release it would appear that his plan is to fill and deliver prescription strength medications to individual homes. If it turns out to be as successful and overwhelmingly received as most of his other ventures it will mean a lot more juicy drugs will be on board and rip for robbery.
Or it could be that controlled substances won't be allowed to go that route.

bacha29

Or it could be that controlled substances won't be allowed to go that route.
The press release clearly stated prescription drugs. The question therefore will be what types of prescriptions will he be allowed to fill and deliver ? No question that he's being taken seriously given the licking pharmacy stocks are taking today. The majors down nearly double digit percentages.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

You’re a professional handwringer, aren’t you.

falcon back

Always taking the gloom and doom approach for EVERY subject.

!Retired!

Amazon owns PillPack, a prescription filling service. PillPak is not licensed to fill Narcotics and some non-narcotic meds, such as Aderall. But, your everday junkie wouldn't know that.

bacha29

You’re a professional handwringer, aren’t you.
The person I think about is the guy who is out there after dark in the winter time on bad roads with no first responders nearby using equipment completely unsuitable for the environment and a dead cell phone area.

And based on what you guys are saying about split work weeks, dual dispatches etc, there could be more express guys finding themselves working in the aforementioned environment in the near future.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Does Fat Freddy know about this? I’m sure he’ll have a Frontline video next month about how FedEx is ramping up its focus on pharmacies with a new 3 AM delivery time that is sure to beat Amazon to the punch!
If Ground delivers them, they'll just release them at the back door facing a dark alley.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The person I think about is the guy who is out there after dark in the winter time on bad roads with no first responders nearby using equipment completely unsuitable for the environment and a dead cell phone area.
Like the guy you're depending on to make the payment on the route you sold?

bacha29

Like the guy you're depending on to make the payment on the route you sold?
Sounds remotely similar to Fat Freddy, the guy you had to go crawling back to and humbly ask him to take you back and put you on his payroll again. But don't worry...humble pie comes in many flavors and I'm sure your mother knows how to bake one.