Guest WiFi access in a FXG terminal?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Welcome to the Guest Wireless Access Service

This service is only intended for use by authorized guests at FedEx Ground facilities. Authorized guests will be provided a username and password which are required to gain access to the Internet and only valid for a specified time.

If you are not authorized to access this network, please disconnect now.

Actual or attempted use by an unauthorized person will result in criminal and civil prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. Guest wireless access service is an open wireless network. By using this service, guests understand and accept that it is their responsibility to protect their own computer while connected to this service, and irrevocably waive any right, cause or action, remedy or other claim against FedEx with respect to any damage that may be caused to a computer while it is using this network.

You should have no expectation of privacy as FedEx monitors and logs traffic on this service for all guests. Traffic suspected as malicious may be blocked at the discretion of FedEx without notice. In addition, websites accessed on this service are placed into categories, some of which are blocked to limit malware entering FedEx facilities. Blocked categories include, but are not limited to: malicious websites, spyware, P2P/file sharing and web ads. FedEx makes no promise or guarantee of guest wireless network availability. Guest access or session time may be discontinued or limited at the discretion of FedEx without notice.

So some of us can't get good cellphone coverage inside the building, since lots of Bluetooth wrist scanners and what not are running everywhere inside...

I've got a WiFi only phone that uses xfinity hotspots. It can only find FedEx ground guest network, with that text I copy/pasted above...

No one seems to know about it; any of you ground people tried it out?

It will be fine

So some of us can't get good cellphone coverage inside the building, since lots of Bluetooth wrist scanners and what not are running everywhere inside...

I've got a WiFi only phone that uses xfinity hotspots. It can only find FedEx ground guest network, with that text I copy/pasted above...

No one seems to know about it; any of you ground people tried it out?
You can log in with the same username and password as your scanner. In my experience the WiFi is barely functional, much slower than my cell data.

OrioN

I don't have cell data at all, just xfinity wifi hot spots.

On vacation, but I'll check it out. Thanks

McFeely

Huge Member
What do you do when a special lady friend sends you pics of her butt? You go to find some WiFi because you don’t have data? Dude.

OrioN

What do you do when a special lady friend sends you pics of her butt? You go to find some WiFi because you don’t have data? Dude.
Google voiceapp or other similar apps... shrugs, I still have my flip phone for real calls

OrioN

Wut is a fax?

I didn't reply about that

Nah, I had a Motorola razr flip phone v3xx, still working on the 3G network

OrioN

You can log in with the same username and password as your scanner. In my experience the WiFi is barely functional, much slower than my cell data.
Thanks, it worked great! I can send texts to other drivers in other van lines today, since I keep up with 5 different ones at a given time.

Plus, as a swing driver, i can look up businesses and confirm they're closed for the weekend to OFD them on Monday (DEX 011, then put them at the end of the lineup for Monday )

2 hour timer to boot.

OrioN

Congrats for lasting that long at UPS, @silenze

sketch-1598929327673.png

So, yeah, I can text my line managers while I preload.

Look up fishy addresses and business names...

Gonna try to play/stream YouTube songs while I'm loading up tomorrow

OrioN

Apparently, not a lot of people when I roll in as part of the 2nd wave / cleanup. .. so no worries from management

CJinx

I'm just sayin'. I recall several years ago, corporate sent out a nastygram that singled out one particular instance of someone downloading a PDF of a Thanksgiving Turkey recipe because, on that particular day, there were severe network issues and preloads across the country were having issues with ring scanners not communicating with the servers.

Not that one person downloading a recipe caused the issue... just that rampant misuse of resources were causing issues with mission critical hardware due to lack of available bandwidth.

OrioN

Ahhhh, I didn't know we had wifi in the terminal at all until recently...

Yeah, the AM sort is done by the time I roll in.

Heck, I borrow a ring scanner or 2 to create bulk and cleanup routes as the regular HD drivers are heading out.

Most of Ground routes are long gone as well