Guns stolen from "Freight Container" at Chicago Rail Yard

Bottom rung

I'm assuming they were the 15-22 version of the m&p15. It's my understanding that the .22 caliber can be shipped ground. Assumung it was a small package companies container. But the news doesn't want you to know what caliber. Just that they're "assault rifles". The spin machine media would never leave out any pertinent info would they?

bbsam

Staff member
I'm assuming they were the 15-22 version of the m&p15. It's my understanding that the .22 caliber can be shipped ground. Assumung it was a small package companies container. But the news doesn't want you to know what caliber. Just that they're "assault rifles". The spin machine media would never leave out any pertinent info would they?
it's less significant if it's a certain caliber?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Those big wusses (the liberal media) don't know jack about firearms, never have, never will. To them, all guns are the same.

Johney

The M&P 15 sport is a cheaper model AR15 .223/5.56. Basically they don't come with a forward assist or a cover on the ejection port. Still a very effective rifle and a mean round, just built with out the bells and whistles.

bbsam

Staff member
Those big wusses (the liberal media) don't know jack about firearms, never have, never will. To them, all guns are the same.
that's what you focus on? Perceived inaccuracies of the kind of weapon and not that they've gone missing from a UPS facility?

bbsam

Staff member
UPS facility? I thought they said a rail yard?
My bad. It is a rail yard. The people of Chicago can rest peacefully knowing their high gun violence rate won't go higher because these aren't really assault weapons and the caliber isn't what the media suggested it was.

Johney

My bad. It is a rail yard. The people of Chicago can rest peacefully knowing their high gun violence rate won't go higher because these aren't really assault weapons and the caliber isn't what the media suggested it was.
Ah.....An M&P 15 sport is considered an assault weapon. It shoots a .223 or 5.56 round.