guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why I Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why I Don't Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun as I don't feel the need to do so.

I don't carry a gun because where I live there is no need to do so.

I don't carry a gun because there are no real threats in my world.

I don't carry a gun because I have chosen to live in an area where guns are not needed.

I don't carry a gun because I don't want to spend the rest of my life living in fear.

I don't carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Some may call me naive, some may call me foolish, but I don't carry a gun, will never carry a gun, and I do not feel like I am less of a man or person for not doing so. I do feel sorry for those of you who live in areas where this is a concern in your lives. These beliefs are mine and, yes, they were formed as the result of a tragedy in my family. I do respect the rights of others in respect to firearms--I only ask that you respect mine. Dave.

brownrod

I own guns including pistols. And even have a concealed weapons permit. But I have never carried unless I was going to the range. Never felt a need to otherwise. I mainly got the permit because I could. And so I could just toss my guns in my car or pocket or whatever when going to shoot them and not be worried about getting arrested if I put one under the seat or something.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If they are bright, they can understand the affects of a gun. I found the best way to quash the natural curiosity towards guns is to take them to the range with me. Allow them to see the damage a gun can cause by shooting things like mellons or bowling pins. They really get the picture with a watermellon and a shotgun!! Once old enough they should be allowed to shoot them for themselves. This way there is no longer the wonder of a curious mind!!

I do respect those that do not wish to have firearms in their lives. Just passing on my thoughts!!

bbsam

Staff member
If they are bright, they can understand the affects of a gun. I found the best way to quash the natural curiosity towards guns is to take them to the range with me. Allow them to see the damage a gun can cause by shooting things like mellons or bowling pins. They really get the picture with a watermellon and a shotgun!! Once old enough they should be allowed to shoot them for themselves. This way there is no longer the wonder of a curious mind!!

I do respect those that do not wish to have firearms in their lives. Just passing on my thoughts!!
Ages 2, 3, and 7. I think not.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
AWW come on, its too much fun!!

Well all right if you have to.

I sold all my guns. Shotguns, 30-06, 50 cal flitlock had a .243 mauser that was dead on @ 300 yards one shot kills on pronghorn ,big muley and a ton of prarie dogs.Now I collect fishing poles and looking for that 50LB striped bass.

My daughter and her husband are both police officers they are the people who should carry hand guns.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why I Don't Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun because I have chosen to live in an area where guns are not needed.

I don't carry a gun because I don't want to spend the rest of my life living in fear.

I don't carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Some may call me naive, some may call me foolish, but I don't carry a gun, will never carry a gun, and I do not feel like I am less of a man or person for not doing so. I do feel sorry for those of you who live in areas where this is a concern in your lives. These beliefs are mine and, yes, they were formed as the result of a tragedy in my family. I do respect the rights of others in respect to firearms--I only ask that you respect mine. Dave.

BRAVO Upstate. I echo your remarks. Well stated.
:peaceful:

av8torntn

I do respect the rights of others in respect to firearms--I only ask that you respect mine. Dave.

That is all anyone can ask for. The problem is that people do not leave it at that. The anti freedom crowd always wants regulations to limit or prohibit someone else from carrying or owning a firearm. You almost never see it the other way around with laws being passed requiring people to carry and own firearms.

island1fox

Why I Don't Carry a Gun

Upstate,
Everyone has a right to their beliefs. To carry a gun or not to carry a gun should be a free choice for every American . The only statement I am surprised with --is that you truly believe where you live is safe. Hate to break this to you ----in today's world you are not safe anywhere. Carry a gun or not --your choice--but I would just ask you to re-think "safe'
It would sound as though there was never a crime committed in Upstate NY ---Remember even the "Garden of Eden" was subjected to crime.
Evil can and will appear anytime ---anyplace -armed or not -Please be prepared.

wkmac

Why I Don't Carry a Gun

Upstate,

I wasn't gonna even respond to this thread at all until I saw Island's comments to you. I own guns myself, several pistols but like you I never carry and never have. Never had a carry permit because never saw the need and still don't even with Obama as President. Nor did I rush out and buy 50 more guns or a tractor trailer load of ammo. "The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!"
:happy-very:

Besides I reload so what the hey!:wink2:

I just wanted to say publically I respect a lot of what you said after reading the later comments made to you. I stand with you in defending and championing your beliefs and my heart felt for your family tragedy. Gun owners need to get it through their thick skulls that their right doesn't extend everywhere including onto another person's property and yes that extends to the employer's property too. Their right to their property trumps your right to bare arms every "friend'ing" time. If you don't ask, seek permission or make property owner aware, you are dishonoring property rights and comitting a fraud. If said property owner sez no to firearms and you do so anyway, you've committed a fraud and should suffer what befalls you.

If gunowners were true they'd open carry and then any property owner (business) could defend their own rights and either tell you to leave or continue business. No shoes, No shirt, No service. Same is true of any person who could then choose to interact with you or not. You are enjoying your right while respecting the rights of others in their person, property and/or beliefs. It's an extension of my belief in no force/no fraud.

And a lot of jurisdictions allow open carry with no permission required or needed by the State but that right ends once you leave the public space or your private domain and then becomes a priviledge based on the consent of a privater property owner. Now there's your true right so practice it not bowing down to some State taxeater begging for a permission slip to hide-a-gun. As you might guess I'm not exactly pro conceal carry mostly because to grovel at the State for momma's permission.

I'm a believer if you carry, do so in the open as I would if I carried. Besides, a crook walks into a business to do harm and sees half the clientel openly carrying, you think that crook will consider a change of afternoon plans?

Nuff said!