Had a tier 3.my hearing is tomorrow!!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You'll be fine. You won't get back pay and they'll reduce you to time served suspension. They'll do a series of ride alongs with you and you'll have to do a bunch of quizzes. Do yourself a solid and memorize your 10 point, Five Seeing Eye Habits, and backing. They may ask you those questions at the hearing. If you don't have at least the concepts down, it may go south for you. There was a gal who rear ended someone and she got canned and it stuck when she didn't know her safety stuff. She didn't have a clue. I have no idea how she passed her tests and then zeroed out on the habits. Good luck.

Cman84

I had my hearing today.it was deadlocked to the next hearing.I could tell that my district manager wanted to give me my job back.but he said he needed to discuss it with his boss.so he dead locked it.my b.a. Seems confident that I will receive my job back,he is going to try and get me reinstated before my next hearing...keeping my fingers crossed.

In may i was driving down the highway.i approached a gravel intersection and noticed a truck with a trailer full of hay flying down a gravel road.i knew he was going to stop without effecting me.he crossed stopsign and stopped on the edge of highway.when i looked back forward i saw the car in front of me had stopped and i locked my truck up.ended up rear ending her doing 35 mph in a 65.she said her neck hurt so they took her to the hospital and she was released.due to all thr gravel dust i was unable to see her brake lights.i got testimony from a witness and he saw the truck as well.he included his testimony in the ups accident report.i know its my fault.and fessed up to that.they terminated me 2 weeks ago and my hearing is tomorrow.i have worked with ups 8 1/2 yrs been driving for 1 1/2 yrs,never had a warning letter and i run under dispatch almost everyday....do you think i will get my job back?....please respond i am a stressed out mess!!!!
Just go in there and let them paint your face. You screwed up. Own it and tell them you want another chance.

I'm still not sure why you got fired. People get in accidents everyday, and they don't get fired.
But anyhow, after you said this:

I hope that you see that all that kiss-assing, and doing them favors means nothing. Remember they fired you.
Remember that when you get your job back, which I'm sure you will.
Good luck.
Most of them forget it all and go right back to their old ways once they are out of the hot seat for a while.

I had my hearing today.it was deadlocked to the next hearing.I could tell that my district manager wanted to give me my job back.but he said he needed to discuss it with his boss.so he dead locked it.my b.a. Seems confident that I will receive my job back,he is going to try and get me reinstated before my next hearing...keeping my fingers crossed.
Remember how scared you are. Don't ever forget it.

PT Car Washer

At any time between now and the next hearing UPS and the Union can come to an agreement and bring you back. That happens a lot.

Indecisi0n

I really hope so.i love my job so much.i pride myself on my work ethic.i dont back talk mgmt. i dont file 9.5's.i do them favors constantly.and i help out in my loop everytime im asked,i have no wife or kids so i like the o.t. i even hear of all my coworker saying hire me back to mgmt,as well as my customers have called in with support for me as well.
All of these favors don't mean :censored2: to UPS. When push comes to shove they will fire anyone and put them and their family at risk and not even think twice about it. Wake up runner and start looking out for yourself. It's easy to do the job correctly and set your numbers. Their harrasment doesn't mean crap but it's a lot harder to set a high number and then attempt to slow down.