Hal

moreluck

golden ticket member
$3 an hour as a waitress in 1965? Minimum wage when I started working in 1977 was $2.30. Where did you work, the Ritz Carlton?

Lujans or Manners Big Boy at Tallmadge Circle in Tallmadge Ohio !! Probably made a little more for the night shift and clean up afterwards.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife worked as a cocktail waitress at a nice bar in the early 70's and she made damn good tips. But then again she was a sweet young thing with a killer body and wore super shot skirts as a uniform. Then we started having kids---nuff said.

Braveheart

I drove for U.P.S. for twenty years in the bay area of Cal., with 19 yrs. safe driving. I am only getting $91.00 a month retirement. That's right $ 91.00. I wrote to the C.E.O. who is getting 1.2 million a year, and he sent everthing back to me telling me to contact Prudential. They told me there was nothing thay could do. I then wrote to the Teamsters in Oakland and they told me the same thing I am trying to get more retirement but with no luck. Any one out there that can help me?.
Thank you,:biting:

How old were you when you retired and was the 20 years all full time and vested?

Braveheart

A Central States bulletin, available here, states that “No participants, including those covered by a collective bargaining agreement under the ‘Primary Schedule’ of the rehabilitation plan, will be allowed to retire prior to achieving age 57” (unless they retire before July 1, 2011). GO TEAMSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another reason to dump Hoffa!!!

I have been saying for years that we asked for too much in raises and that we should have had more modest raises and bigger pension contributions!

But all Hoffa wanted was to raise our pay in order to raise our dues and in the end his pay. He is just another greedy CEO like the one at UPS.

Dump Hoffa!!!!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another reason to dump Hoffa!!!

I have been saying for years that we asked for too much in raises and that we should have had more modest raises and bigger pension contributions!

But all Hoffa wanted was to raise our pay in order to raise our dues and in the end his pay. He is just another greedy CEO like the one at UPS.

Dump Hoffa!!!!!!!!

You can blame Hoffa all you want but it is the economy that is really to blame for our underfunded pensions. Here is NYS, our split raises are being diverted to our pension for the duration of the current contract as our plan is in critical status. I would much rather give up a little bit today to ensure a secure retirement.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I would much rather give up a little bit today to ensure a secure retirement.
Up, is there really such a thing, when you depend on the likes of UPS or/and the Teamsters for your retirement? Even if you do it yourself, there is no security. Take the roth IRA. And take your 401K. Trillions of dollars there ripe for the taking or misuse. And you think our gooberment is not going to find new and innovative taxes as people begin taking money out?

Until we change what is happening in our country, there is no such thing as secure. And the biggest threat is not from abroad.

d

satellitedriver

$3 an hour as a waitress in 1965? Minimum wage when I started working in 1977 was $2.30. Where did you work, the Ritz Carlton?
In 1965, I made 80 cents an hour working in a burger joint, after school.
In 1971, I made $1.80/hr delivering cigarettes and candy. while going to college and sharing an apt with two roommates.
In 1978, I was squatting in high cotton making $7.50/hr working 12 hrs a day 6 days a week.
More had the luck, cute, bright and ect........ in 1965.
Those were the days my friends.

I never said 10-15% was too much. You must be drunk. I never partied either....no drugs or alcohol here.
I waited tables as a senior in high school......1965 and was paid about $3 an hour plus tips. Do you really think the pay rate has remained the same for 46 years ????? Be serious.
I also waited tables in an upscale restaurant....you know, 'rack of lamb' type place. Made 25-30% tips and a living wage besides. Best single tip there was $100........!!

More, he was only talking to you in the first part. The second part was for Mr. "Let them eat Cake" vacation boy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
More, he was only talking to you in the first part. The second part was for Mr. "Let them eat Cake" vacation boy.

Oh wow!! I thought I was totally responding to just Klein. I must've gotten confused in the fracas. Not to worry, Cach, Danny knows I wasn't talking that way to him (at least I hope he does). Good thing we weren't throwing punches, eh?