Half hour breaks?

AB831

The Memphis plane was an hour late today, so our senior manager let everyone in the station take one half hour break. I wonder if this was a fluke or the new norm during the pandemic. The latter would go a long way to showing that they actually care a little bit, but I'm not really holding my breath either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you punched in and rather than having to pay you from your start time your senior was kind enough to let you guys go on a half hour break before starting to pay you?

AB831

No, they had us take a half hour break during the sort and that was the only one they made us take all day. I should have been more clear that it was the only one we had to take.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, they had us take a half hour break during the sort and that was the only one they made us take all day. I should have been more clear that it was the only one we had to take.

Why didn't you politely decline and take your 30 later on?

FedexGirl

What does it matter when you take your break? You are off the clock whether you are milling about waiting or sitting in your truck in a gas station parking lot?

dezguy

What does it matter when you take your break? You are off the clock whether you are milling about waiting or sitting in your truck in a gas station parking lot?
Personally, I like breaking up my day into two half's. Taking a break in your first hours means you have a long work day ahead.

Bingo

The Memphis plane was an hour late today, so our senior manager let everyone in the station take one half hour break. I wonder if this was a fluke or the new norm during the pandemic. The latter would go a long way to showing that they actually care a little bit, but I'm not really holding my breath either.
Our station has been on a 30 min break schedule since we started the no signature program. As far as taking the 30 minutes break while waiting for late freight. It is something I always do. Even though I lose the extra pay, I get home earlier which is more important to someone at the end of their Fedex career.