hall gets bashed

Jeff Laughlin

I am trying to find a letter that was written to hall about this new UPS Contract..... Has anyone seen it or have you read it ? If so, could you please get it to me ?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It says you won't get your raise till you vote yes. He wants you to vote yes. That about sums it up. Don't bother searching for it. You will be dissapointed

stink219

Ken H gets bashed

Um, the letter was sent to everyone regardless of vote. It was to inform of the process. It was just information. People wanted information from the international and when they get it, they either hate it or accuse it of being slanted. I guess this is about the time some flunky will post a line from it and spin it out of context to fit their agenda. Well, we are waiting.....

Overpaid Union Thug

All one has to do is read between the lines to understand that it really said "Vote yes if you want your raises anytime soon. And thank your brother's that voted no on their supplements for the delay."

stink219

All one has to do is read between the lines to understand that it really said "Vote yes if you want your raises anytime soon. And thank your brother's that voted no on their supplements for the delay."
I keep reading between the lines, I haven't seen any words yet.
Ohhhh, are we supposed to make them up to suit our own personal agenda?

oldupsman

Read between the lines or not it doesn't matter. All I know is our supplements going to get more no votes the second time around then
the first. Nothings changed. Except more people are aware of the disaster called Teamcare. Better off to keep working under the old contract,
bank the raises, and keep our current UPS health care plan. That sure will be one fat check someday.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Read between the lines or not it doesn't matter. All I know is our supplements going to get more no votes the second time around then
the first. Nothings changed. Except more people are aware of the disaster called Teamcare. Better off to keep working under the old contract,
bank the raises, and keep our current UPS health care plan. That sure will be one fat check someday.

​So far you are 0 for 1.

twoweeled

Sure would have been nice if this is what the letter said! Believe me, if the union where someway losing control of that pension fund, we'd all see the fighting union from years past.

twoweeled

Very easy to read between the lines. Does the letter focus on the fact we would get the raise retroactive anyway? Focus on working under this contract is better than the new crappy one anyway? Nope, it clearly tries to give incentive to vote for this crappy contract. Rest assured, the real attacks from the union/company have yet to reveal themselves.

stink219

Very easy to read between the lines. Does the letter focus on the fact we would get the raise retroactive anyway? Focus on working under this contract is better than the new crappy one anyway? Nope, it clearly tries to give incentive to vote for this crappy contract. Rest assured, the real attacks from the union/company have yet to reveal themselves.
The majority of people do not think this is a crappy contract at all. What specifically do you not like?

oldupsman

But your getting new healthcare.

Ahh Stink we've been through all this. The new healthcare isn't as good as my UPS health care. You give us the same plan we have now
and you'll get your votes. We don't want to hear "It's not bad" or "It's almost as good". And while we're at it, we want the whole country
to have the same great plan we have with UPS now. My objection has never been that it's a union run plan. My objection is the union
won't ante up.

Ouch

Sure would have been nice if this is what the letter said! Believe me, if the union where someway losing control of that pension fund, we'd all see the fighting union from years past.
Our union here lost control of the pension. The couldn't keep it funded to the minimum the govt required. Ups bailed the pension fund out.

AlwaysChafed

Vote No. I'm a part timer, they don't care about me, I don't care about them. I'm supporting their 25 year retirement when I have to work 35? I'm not a victim and you're not entitled.
Stay even.

Ouch

Vote No. I'm a part timer, they don't care about me, I don't care about them. I'm supporting their 25 year retirement when I have to work 35? I'm not a victim and you're not entitled.
Stay even.
You have a great point. I mentioned about the pension fund earlier I was referring to the union losing some power by the company having to take it over and fund it. That sucks we need all the power we can get to go against the large corporations.