Halloween....after 24 yrs they finally get it right

cookscrue

I wish our center would do that. I tried to make sure that all of my drivers would be in by 7pm and that those in areas with designated trick or treat hours (i.e. 6-8pm only) were in by 6. Let's hope everyone stays safe tonight.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Punched out at 530. Only 8 1/4 hours today! Wish beggar's night would last all week.
On a scarier note, had a little boy and his sister come Trick or Treating at my house tonight. Both were dressed as UPS Service Providers. Most frightening costumes I had saw all night!

browned out

Our center got it right this year for the vast majority of drivers. A few years ago I was dispatched with about 160 stops on Halloween which led to 2 hours at night dodging kids. Very very stressful, moreso than our heaviest snow day, ice day, tornado day and peak day combined. I told my manager the next day 'thanks for the heavy dispatch, I ran over the Hulk, but he should be fine; he's the hulk right?

wornoutupser

Over 11 hours onroad today- more runs cut than usual-miles up by 35!
My center said nothing about more runs-nothing about no driver release-nothing about watching dr location. Just another day in Florida!

iruhnman630

'We're only going to cut the routes that we are going to cut. We promise not to cut any routes that we're not going to cut.'

Now that we've started 5 minutes earlier, here's an extra 25 commercial stops/150+ packages including a mall that came off the route we cut today.

punched out at 7:55.

awesome.

iruhnman630

diad msg: We need you to cover some more pu's to cover 8 hr requests. Can you cover them?

me (already scrambling to finish my comm stops after doing the comm stops off the cut route): NO

diad: we're sending you the pu's. center manager says its not optional.

I accept pu's as directed. Then...

me: Will need help finishing my comm stops before 5 and making pu's before closing times.

my how quickly those extra pu's disappeared from my board.

satellitedriver

Trick or Treat.
Same old Monday.
10 minutes before start time, they broke out a car.
I got my load 50 minutes late.
Sent a message that 15 stops would be missed for me to punch at 10pm.
Got a message 1hr later to leave stops in the trailer for a part timer to run.
Left 17 stops and still punched at 10:15pm.
When I got home, I grabbed a beer out of the fridge and told my wife there is only so much stupidity I can compensate for, and she laughed.
In here delicate way she smiled and said, "So what else is new?"

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
diad msg: We need you to cover some more pu's to cover 8 hr requests. Can you cover them?

me (already scrambling to finish my comm stops after doing the comm stops off the cut route): NO

diad: we're sending you the pu's. center manager says its not optional.

I accept pu's as directed. Then...

me: Will need help finishing my comm stops before 5 and making pu's before closing times.

my how quickly those extra pu's disappeared from my board.
​They think we say NO just for the friend of it. It drives me crazy when they do that crap to me.:grrr:

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's nice in theory but usually doesn't work in practice.
Our OMS that does the messaging doesn't understand that no isn't an auto reply that all union workers have been programmed to regurgitate on command. She really believes we do it just to annoy her. But, as Sat says, she's so easy to twist into a bunch. She gets going about how I can't do 16 hours worth of work in a 11 hour day, I just bring up that I say her boyfriend on my route with another girl who is much blonder and (here's the topper)--- was much younger. Her eyes turn red and she forgets instantly about what she was whining about.
:rofl:

old levi's

blank space
Our OMS that does the messaging doesn't understand that no isn't an auto reply that all union workers have been programmed to regurgitate on command. She really believes we do it just to annoy her. But, as Sat says, she's so easy to twist into a bunch. She gets going about how I can't do 16 hours worth of work in a 11 hour day, I just bring up that I say her boyfriend on my route with another girl who is much blonder and (here's the topper)--- was much younger. Her eyes turn red and she forgets instantly about what she was whining about.
:rofl:

well, that's just mean!

menotyou

bella amicizia
No, it's deserved. She spends her day on her cell bitchin' at him, and not answering our calls or the customers!! She is my age and has to date 25yr olds to feel better about herself. Deserved. Don't insinuate I am lying and you won't hear about your boyfriend screwing around. Which, by the way, he is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyway.....it was a fairly light day in my center and most of the guys were done by about 1830.

Our safety person went way overboard with the Halloween safety stuff. We had the five seeing habits printed out and left in our slots and on our seats. We had safety stickers on our DIADs and steering wheels. We got a safety message from her and one from our OMS during the day. Our PCM was all about Halloween safety.