Halloween

undies

I don't have any children yet, so I don't mind working late today. A lot of drivers take vacation this week or schedule the day off in advance, assuming because they have children themselves. Just wondering what you drivers do for Halloween?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have my "Get Lost" doormat out by the front door. Door will be locked and the light will be off. The last thing I want to do after a hard day at work is deal with a bunch of moochers.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
When other drivers in my loop call in or need 8 hour days they usually just take it and don't consult me first. 2 tripping is the norm for my loop anyway.

Family first baby!!!

brown67

If you are working late just go really slow. Lots of kids running around. Count kids as you leave the truck and make sure you can account for them when you walk back. If not walk around and look under your truck. Don't go to the back of your truck when you return just get in and leave. Too many kids and everything changes quickly. May not be any kids when you go to the back and then 20 when you get back to the cab. The plus side is you will get a lot of candy. Last time I was out late on halloween my coat pocket was full of candy. It's a fun night with lots of people out and kids running around. I enjoyed it, but just be really careful.

stink219

I help out the dads that do work. I stay out late in hopes that my package car gets egg'd. If I am home early enough, I hand out the full size candy bars. 80 bars from Sam's Club does the trick. Then around 10, I hit the bar for a few. Yes, a great night.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Cookin' chili and drinkin' beer. If the candy runs out, the little "angels" will get a Dixie cup of chili. That'll teach 'em!

Johney

I help out the dads that do work. I stay out late in hopes that my package car gets egg'd. If I am home early enough, I hand out the full size candy bars. 80 bars from Sam's Club does the trick. Then around 10, I hit the bar for a few. Yes, a great night.
We use to have a getto development that 90% of the drivers passed on the way in. There always was a line of punks standing on the roadside throwing eggs at us as we drove by. Everyone use's the car wash that night. That development is long gone now and we have no egg incidents....imagine that!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I never took a day off or an 8 hour on Halloween. I have a wife for a reason. Apparently we have no kids in my hood anymore because all the candy is still in the drawer and wife was here when I got home. I guess I'll have to eat it.

UPSGUY72

I was really light today because of the hurricane, punched out at 4:35 with a full lunch still had to pick ups a letter box at 6:00 and Mass Mutual at 6:30 got my Sup to give them to someone else. I made it home even with a hour drive in time to take my 4 and 6 year old's out Trick or treating.

I'm on vacation Thanksgiving week 15 more days and I'm taking the family to Florida...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was really light today because of the hurricane, punched out at 4:35 with a full lunch still had to pick ups a letter box at 6:00 and Mass Mutual at 6:30 got my Sup to give them to someone else. I made it home even with a hour drive in time to take my 4 and 6 year old's out Trick or treating.

I'm on vacation Thanksgiving week 15 more days and I'm taking the family to Florida...

How do you get the week of Thanksgiving off when you have kids 4 and 6. Late starter? I have kids 25, 19 and 19 and can't sniff that week. It is deer hunting week here though.

UPSGUY72

How do you get the week of Thanksgiving off when you have kids 4 and 6. Late starter? I have kids 25, 19 and 19 and can't sniff that week. It is deer hunting week here though.

I got really lucky sometimes luck is just as good as a lot of seniority which I don't have. I almost had Xmas week off.