Happy Father's Day 2009

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there. Let's have a little roll call.

Steve;
Father of 5 daughters. I know, I know, Birthday's, Puberty, Sweet Sixteens, Driving, Boys, College, Boys, Weddings, Pregnancies and finally, my funeral. Hopefully I'll find some time to enjoy my time with each of them in between the milestones.

Last edited:

ups1990

Happy Father's day to everyone on this forum.

Let's continue to strive on becoming the best Father, Husband, Son, Brother, friend and yes, the best worker that we can be.

There are so many negative distractions. Women, drugs and alcohol will no doubt take us down and keep us from accomplishing our goals.

May God, help us in this matter.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there. Let's have a little roll call.

Steve;
Father of 5 daughters. I know, I know, Birthday's, Puberty, Sweet Sixteens, Driving, Boys, College, Boys, Weddings, Pregnancies and finally, my funeral. Hopefully I'll find some time to enjoy my time with each of them in between the milestones.
Forgot the ages....................
6 (Well, she'll be 6 on the 24th of June)

1 girl (21), 1 boy (19). All done.
It ain't Ovah till it's Ovah!:wink2:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Guys, before you know it you will be walking your little girls down the aisle and handing her off to some guy you barely know.

Seriously, enjoy each and every moment as they do grow oh so fast.

You will call him....""What's his name!!!""

And we will give you that eye roll and the "Oh daddy...".

Because you love us...

Cementups

Box Monkey
Until the day he died, my father-in-law (though he died before we were married) called me Butthead. Affectionately I'm sure.

And btw Upstate, my daughter is not allowed to get married until she is 35 or has a career path in front of her..........or a rich guy to take care of her.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Happy Father's Day, guys!
I have two sons. One turned twenty yesterday and the other one is twenty one. They turned out well somehow, we are very proud of them.

Enjoy your children as much as you can, they will move out one day. Spend as much time with them and listen to what they say. And watch who they hang around as they get older. Children are a true blessing, mine have helped make my life complete.

And remember your own father too. Mine passed away about 18 years ago, I still think about him everyday. He was one of the finest men I have ever met. If I am half as good as a person as he was, thats something special.

gded

Happy fathers day to all. three boys and my little girl.25 21 16 13. oh my~~` proud to be a father. if u spoil your child it's good~~~all kids should be spoiled. Love them, teach them ,hug them, and above all ``~keep them alive`~Peace `~~

gded...well said...I love watching MFB with Dylan, he adores him and they look a lot alike too. He teaches him a lot too. There is nothing wrong with spoiling a child as long as you teach them not to be a brat about it and they know that they can't get EVERYTHING they want.

40 and out

2 boys age 15 and 12. 1 girl age 13. Even with all the teenage crap,they make life worth living and work worth getting up and dragging my worn out butt in there every morning.

705red

Browncafe Steward
1788-jpg.11875

Brandon my oldest will be 7 on monday and kaitlyn and Matthew just turned 3, never a boring moment. Happy Fathers day to all.

barnyard

KTM rider
Our household thought last weekend was Father's Day. Got a new computer chair, ribeyes for supper and my all-time favorite gift.

I have 2 daughters. The brilliant math daughter is doing a physics research thingy this summer at U Wash/Pullman (go Cougars, rawr).

The younger daughter is doing the things that teenage chicks do the summer before their senior year of college. I did go prom dress shopping with her back in February. You can read about it here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437730

All in all, a good year.

TB

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Only a Dad
Edgar A. Guest (1916)

Only a dad with a tired face,
Coming home from the daily race,
Bringing little of gold or fame
To show how well he has played the game;
But glad in his heart that his own rejoice
To see him come and to hear his voice.

Only a dad with a brood of four,
One of ten million men or more
Plodding along in the daily strife,
Bearing the whips and the scorns of life,
With never a whimper of pain or hate,
For the sake of those who at home await.

Only a dad, neither rich nor proud,
Merely one of the surging crowd,
Toiling, striving from day to day,
Facing whatever may come his way,
Silent whenever the harsh condemn,
And bearing it all for the love of them.

Only a dad but he gives his all,
To smooth the way for his children small,
Doing with courage stern and grim
The deeds that his father did for him.
This is the line that for him I pen:
Only a dad, but the best of men.

pinksphr.gif

Happy Fathers Day guys, I hope you have a wonderful day.