Happy Founders Day

tieguy

Banned
.By the way founders day is not till tomorrow.I like my job,and rarely get abused.It seems that there are a fair portion of hell bent for leather sups scattered across north america that for some reason feel the need to expect totally unrealistic numbers from hard working people.

Thats what makes us who we are. Everyday you come in and do a job that many non-upsers think is unrealistic or even impossible.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Gee, there was a video? All I got was some mini doughnuts that I stole from the preload, and asked would I come in and work a 6th day. Since I had the hours, nothing planned, and the wife was outta town, I decided that 11 hours of OT would be good.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I am continuing the Founders Day festivities by taking off this whole week. I noticed they left the prize catalog out of my 35 year plaque box.....it must have been a mistake!:dissapointed:

rod

Retired 22 years
I am continuing the Founders Day festivities by taking off this whole week. I noticed they left the prize catalog out of my 35 year plaque box.....it must have been a mistake!:dissapointed:

At 35 years you should have one of everything in the old prize catalog by now anyway.:happy2: What do you need? Maybe I could send you one of mine. I'm sure if I look around I could find a couple of wallets or a set of steak knives. How about some UPS embossed drinking glasses.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its no big deal, it just seems to me that not many people hit the 35 year mark. I do like my drill press/combo saw I got one year and my 25 year ring though. I remember those wallets and sunglasses they used to give us. The steak knives I got were off balanced and couldn't cut butter.:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you long for the good old items....get a fingerhut catalog. They will hound you...er, I mean, keep in contact with you forever.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Its no big deal, it just seems to me that not many people hit the 35 year mark. I do like my drill press/combo saw I got one year and my 25 year ring though. I remember those wallets and sunglasses they used to give us. The steak knives I got were off balanced and couldn't cut butter.:happy2:

The only thing you should get for 35 years is a pension check.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I was on vacation last week so i don't know if they showed that video or not at my center. I just came across it while looking up something in my pay check on UPSers. And you know what? I cried a little. I cried because that video made my company look so good and it was a bold face lie. I cried because just 5 short years ago I was proud to be a UPSer. And now, now I tell people I am a truck driver when they ask. I cried for all the little baby seals that were killed or maimed during the filming of that video. Now that's Logistics.

DISCLAIMER: At no time or in no way did I actually shed a tear. This company is no longer worth it. I just used poetic license to show that I am really really really REALLY sad about the current state of my company. Thanks Scott. You're a pal. GO STOCK PRICES!

rapidrandall

slow but sure
Thanks for kind words Tie. Friday was my last day after 35 years of delivering parcels. Someone asked me what the highlights of my career were. The people were the highlight, both the ones I worked with and the customers I delivered to everyday. One thing that never changed over those 35 years is hard work. When I signed on I knew there would be mandatory overtime and plenty of hard work. My customers asked who would replace me and I told them it was my hope that it would be someone who cared about the customer and not just themselves. Keep up the hard work, I like my dividend checks.

One more thing. Who is Socks?